most likly pushed a button or did something to mess it up. And it looks like
I'm going to be without the use of my camera this weekend for a weekend of
one eighth scale train photo's.
Any help is appreciated
Trainnut51 out

Date: 07/06/05 17:52
Re: Fuji S7000 problem
Author: lrvto

Do a Google search. It turned up a few possibilities for your problem. Seems like these folks have the same problem. I just typed in S7000 zoom error.

http://www.digital-world.info/viewtopic/p-10930.html

Date: 07/06/05 18:11
Author: jdmero

Not sure if this will help, but on some other cameras using the "AA" batteries if you are using a CHEPO brand of alkaline or have gotten a bad batch of batteries this will do it according to some of the other info boards. This also happened on my HP 850 swapped batteries and all was fine. I DO NOT mean recharge what you have but to install a fresh set. There was also talk about different brands of batteries being better. While I think there's only 3 or 4 manf for batteries out there there's a whole bunch of brand names. My HP 850 did not like Energizers but worked well with Duracell, although I primarily use Ni-MH. So far my HP 945 has had no problems with any battery. Again from what I could gather it is HOW WELL the composition of the battery is packed during manufacturing.

John

Date: 07/06/05 19:02
Author: sdrake

lrvto Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Do a Google search. It turned up a few
> possibilities for your problem. Seems like these
> folks have the same problem. I just typed in S7000
> zoom error.
>
> http://www.digital-world.info/viewtopic/p-10930.ht
> ml

I have a Nikon 5700 which came up with a similar message -- "lens error" and just followed your advice and did a google search. With the Nikon it is apparently a problem with poorly designed gears. This is what it sounds like when you try to start the camera up -- stripped gears. The only way to turn it off is to pull the battery. The Camera is about 2 1/2 years old and has been used for less than 2000 pictures. I may take it to see if it can be repaired for a reasonable amount but I would really like to toss this POS onto the pavement and run my truck over it. Anyway, this is probably the last piece of equipment that I will purchase from Nikon. I had an old Nikon F2 which was a reasonable camera for 35 mm but everything since then has not been satifactory.

Date: 07/06/05 21:05
Author: trainnut51

Thank's for the help fellers. I'll try new batteries and if that don't
work I'll try google. If nothing work's I'll run my TCV over it and send
it back to Dell where I got it.
Trainnut51 Over and Out

Date: 07/06/05 23:29
Author: fbe

The lens might have gotten bumped while it was out and is jammed up a bit. Gently wiggle it around a bit before you turn in on and see if that works. Probably when the lens error message is on the screen it will not power the zoom.

Date: 07/07/05 00:56
Author: pacificeclectic

I don't recall this being discussed too much for the S602 which is very similar. I doubt very much it's a battery related problem, when the battery voltage drops, the camera shuts down, including returning the lens to initial position. The voltage level needed for the electronics is more sensitive than running the little motors.

Try checking over on the Dpreview Fuji forums. There are some folks that have a habit/hobby of tearing down/fixing some of the beasts and they may have some added suggestions.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.047 seconds