Home Open Account Help 371 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > TTX "Long Runner"

Date: 08/27/05 21:51
TTX "Long Runner"
Author: uprrman156

Need some pics of the TTX long runners if people have them.
From all sides I want to model the car in HO

should be TTEX reporting marks.

Thanks

uprrman156

Date: 08/28/05 10:03
Re: TTX
Author: SP9392

Hi I was wondering if you meant Front runner? If that is the case I have seen them on ebay and I know defiantely walthers.com. Actual picture of them I can't help you in that department. I know if you watch the Pentrex feature "Across Donner Summit" you see them. That's all I know.

Date: 08/28/05 12:48
Author: cajon

Are you talking about the 4 89' coulped togather with a draw bar or the set of 2 with a draw bar? I see the set of 2 89' flat with a draw bar all the time for 3 53' trailers. If so I will get a picture next time.
Dennis

Date: 08/28/05 14:08

The set of two 89" flatcars for three 53' foot trailers

That is what is called "long Runners"

uprrman156

Date: 08/28/05 16:01
Author: cajon

I know a few years back the SP had long runner on the side of the 4 set of cars that was connected by a draw bar. The 2 set of flats now I see now have triple 57' trailers and they do not have Long runner on the side.

Dennis

Date: 08/28/05 19:55

I work on the RR and see them all the time still on the "Z" trains going up and down the I-5 but never have a camera.

They are again Triple 53' or 57' and are TWO 89' FLAT car with a drawbar!!!

uprrman156

Date: 08/28/05 19:59
Author: Charles

Walthers did a kit a few years back, #932-4960. I am looking at mine now and it does have TTEX reporting marks. The flats are both channel side cars.

Now, I have seen a channel-side and a flush-deck car draw-barred together, so I guess you could use almost any 89' flat and with the correct decals, it would still look OK.

Date: 08/28/05 22:01
Author: SP9392

I have that put together right now the two 89' walthers flat with the draw bar in the middle. I just need to get three 53' trailers. Shave the sides a little on the ends of the drawbar to let there be more play.

Date: 08/29/05 00:36
Author: jmlott2002

Walthers at one time sold cars as a 2 car set that had them lettered and included the hitches and draw-bars and special swing trucks for clearence issues( I think they could run ok on 28"radius). You might check their website,www.walthers.com and see if they still offer them. I made some for a semi-ficticious line and used Athearn 85' flats with draw-bars from various kits i've saved over time.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0389 seconds