Home Open Account Help 358 users online

Steam & Excursion > McCloud Rwy's #25 Finale

Date: 01/09/09 10:53
McCloud Rwy's #25 Finale
Author: newsat11

McCloud Railway's PLA fan trip with steam locomotive #25 Nov.2nd, 2008. Part 1 - McCloud Yard to just above Hooper. http://www.trainorders.com//avshare/thumbnails//2956-medium.jpg

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 01/09/09 18:34
Re: McCloud Rwy's #25 Finale
Author: Lurch

Too bad you can't hear the locomotive over the music

Date: 01/10/09 12:32
Author: Copy19

Amen.

Date: 01/11/09 10:55
Author: matt1980

i was there. awesome trip.

Date: 01/11/09 11:51
Author: train671

I have an edited video of both #25 & #18 and their last days on the McCloud. It has no
music or music overlays. 90 minutes of running time with snow images of 18 using home made
snow plow to clear the track. Contact me if there is interest.

Date: 01/11/09 15:55
Author: newsat11

But Lurch, You can hear the locomotive. Either adjust your equipment or I'm assuming you're unhappy with anything on the video's soundtrack other than the locomotive's sound. There's more to railroad video in my opinion than just the sound of the trains. I make rail videos for my own satisfaction and am more than happy to share them here on T.O.

In the future you might keep this in mind before deciding whether to invest the time required to download large video files posted by me. Sorry to all who are disappointed about the audio but to my own heart I must be true.

newsat11

Date: 01/11/09 19:59
Author: graybeard1942

Perhaps the sound track wasn't too subtle, but I have noticed that the webmaster's videos are also a bit heavy on soundtracks. I'm just glad that someone was there for this moment in history. I have a pile of homebrew steam videos laying around in VHS of 4449 and the two Union Pacific steam engines that I shot in the 1990s. For the soundtrack, I used bystander conversations and scanner radio traffic along with a few sotto voce asides to my then young son. A lot of times I would just kill the mic completely because the sound of a passing 18-wheeler just didn't seem compatible with a 1940s steam engine.

One thing about soundtracks and trains is that no matter what the photographer selects, it won't please everyone, especially TO viewers...we're pretty picky!

Date: 01/28/09 13:47
Author: ProAmtrak

Great video and awsome music there man!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0511 seconds