Home Open Account Help 325 users online

Steam & Excursion > UP 844 to Little Rock, Arkansas

Date: 04/18/11 11:20
UP 844 to Little Rock, Arkansas
Author: VERNON1946

Does anyone know, what the latest news is, on UP'S 844 Journey To Little ROck, Arkansas? AND IT'S TRAIN? And what route it will take there, after leaving KCUS (Kansas City Union Station), on or around May 29, 2011'? All information very much appreciated...Thank You....

VERNON HARRISON
LA TOUR, MISSOURI

Date: 04/18/11 11:59
Re: UP 844 to Little Rock, Arkansas
Author: Bridge60

Vernon

I'm anxiously awaiting this info soon myself, as I'll be driving to and from the NRHS convention at that time. The UP website says a complete schedule will be available on April 27th, so just a few more days to go!

There is also a map and some other items on in the media kit listed on the page below.

http://www.uprr.com/newsinfo/releases/heritage_and_steam/2011/0325_little-rock-express_844.shtml

Dave

Date: 04/18/11 12:24
Author: livesteamer

The expectation is that the trip will cross Missouri on the River Sub--Lexington and Boonville, MO. UP3985 crossed Missouri last fall on the Sedalia Sub; keeping in mind that the River Sub is eastbound and the Sedalia Sub is westbound, I see that as the only option.

Marty Harrison
Knob Noster, MO

Date: 04/18/11 15:46
Author: nycman

Dave, you are DRIVING to the convention? How many miles, about 2700 one way?

Date: 04/18/11 16:09
Author: scottp

nycman Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Dave, you are DRIVING to the convention? How many
> miles, about 2700 one way?

You mean the NRHS convention isn't at Tacoma, Missouri?

Date: 04/18/11 20:04
Author: Bridge60

Yep, driving, trying to hit as many steam engines as possible along the way. In the shortline world it's hard to get time off, but once you do, it's best to take as much as you can!

Dave

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0332 seconds