Home Open Account Help 236 users online

Steam & Excursion > My latest from Steamtown

Date: 11/07/12 19:12
My latest from Steamtown
Author: ChooChooDennis

Three shots from my most recent visit to Steamtown.

1. Reading 2124 after it's recent asbestos abatement with all new jacketing and shiny paint.
2. CN 2-8-2 3254 backing up to pick up it's consist on the South Ash track with cylinder cocks open and admirers abounding.
3. In the barn, Bruce was putting the steam dome cover on when 3254 popped of and he scampered down until she calmed down.

If you like these, please look forward to my forthcoming book of photographs on Steamtown.

Date: 11/07/12 22:05
Re: My latest from Steamtown
Author: Mgoldman

Sun, foliage - we don't need no sti... lol.

Great shots, especially number two!

Care to share whats going on there? Is that an
as seen shot or is there a bit of Hollywood magic?

/Mitch

Date: 11/08/12 04:30

Hey Mitch

Thanks for the comment!

All I did was apply tone on all and blur on the shot of 3254 in the yard with her admirers.

No adding or subtracting anything either.

I must admit it's rather fun posting what ever I want and not having to consider any site "rules."

Date: 11/08/12 06:08
Author: YG

Very nice, especially #3!

Steve Mitchell
http://www.yardgoatimages.com

Date: 11/08/12 06:30
Author: steam290

I like #3 personally.

And 2124 looks fantastic. She was in bad need of some work. Too bad she isn't operational.

Date: 11/08/12 17:42
Author: tomstp

will they put the rods back on her?

Date: 11/08/12 20:07

Guys thank you for the comments!

No. 2124 is the first steam locomotive I ever saw under it's own power, back in 1961. I love it when I go to Steamtown and get to see it.

I do not know the rules but none of the locos at Steamtown have their main rods on that I know of. They are often moved and I would imagine connected main rods would be harmful to the to the running gear overall.

Date: 11/08/12 20:17
Author: RuleG

Very nice photos.

I never cared much for the looks of Reading steam locomotives, so it is a credit to your photographic abilities that you make 2124 look good.

Date: 11/10/12 12:56

I would agree that indeed the Reading "look" can be hard to take. It is an acquired taste and I too pass on most of the Company's machines. However, No. 2124 is the first steam engine I ever saw under steam and it has been love ever since.

While it may not be not saying much, the T-1's were easily the finest looking of all Reading machines. Since it is the off center headlight that most fans can't stand, lets just look at how handsome the full boiler jacket is on top of the always good looking 4-8-4 wheel arrangement.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0633 seconds