Home Open Account Help 314 users online

Steam & Excursion > Steam returns to the CNO&TP's 2nd District

Date: 11/14/12 06:45
Steam returns to the CNO&TP's 2nd District
Author: CarNutandTrainNut2

Southern 630 leads the NS 955 by the still standing searchlight signals at CP Daisy, they will stop at MP 316 to check out a sticking brake on the ex Seaboard Air Line observation car.

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 11/14/12 09:18
Re: Steam returns to the CNO&TP's 2nd District
Author: steam290

Great shot. Any more? I was on this excursion, but despite a few mechanical issues it was sill a great trip. Lunch in the diner was the highlight for me, just because it's been years since I've done that, and the dining car staff did a good job. The scenery was great too, and the technical problems with breaks and stuff didn't (seem) to get bad until the trip back. Of course I don't actually have the whole story on that.

It started out as a perfectly clear crisp day for and excursion. It reminded me of the first trip I took behind 611 with my dad. I was able to feel really thankful for the 21st Century steam program, because it brings back the most wonderful memories.

It would be cool if they got a baggage "sound car" right behind the tool car, since people can no longer have the vestibule windows open. They could even use mesh to keep people from sticking their heads out, but it would allow people to really hear the engine working.

Date: 11/14/12 13:04
Author: YG

Very nice!

Steve Mitchell
http://www.yardgoatimages.com

Date: 11/15/12 00:31
Author: poffcapt

Very nice. Love the whistle on this locomotive.

Date: 11/15/12 18:43
Author: Txhighballer

poffcapt Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Very nice. Love the whistle on this locomotive.

That is indeed a beautiful whistle! Anybody know anything about it?

Date: 11/15/12 19:32
Author: P

That made my day.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0384 seconds