Home Open Account Help 345 users online

Steam & Excursion > UP Steam on the FW&D (the movie)

Date: 11/18/12 15:13
UP Steam on the FW&D (the movie)
Author: BNSFDS

After 3 weeks of having a full schedule and not having much in the way of free time, I was finally able to sit down this weekend and get my video of UP 844's trip across the Fort Worth & Denver main between Fort Worth and Vernon edited. Locations where I shot the train include Decatur, Fruitland, Bowie, Rhea, Pleasant Valley, Electra, and Vernon.

Enjoy

BNSFDS

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 11/18/12 18:27
Re: UP Steam on the FW&D (the movie)
Author: Auburn_Ed

Good locations and sound, but on my monitor it appears to be in the wrong aspect ratio, i.e. the locomotive is very tall and skinny. Is it me?

Ed

Date: 11/18/12 18:50
Author: BNSFDS

Auburn_Ed Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Good locations and sound, but on my monitor it
> appears to be in the wrong aspect ratio, i.e. the
> locomotive is very tall and skinny. Is it me?
>
> Ed

I double checked it on my computer and looks OK to me. I wonder if it's due to the fact I'm shooting the video with 1080p HDMI camera instead of a regular DVC video camcorder.

BNSFDS

Date: 11/19/12 23:39
Author: Evan_Werkema

I get the same "narrow gauge" effect on the video that Auburn_Ed is describing no matter which player I use. The opening still photo, which was probably 4:3 to begin with, looks right, but the video, which was probably shot at 16:9 (e.g. 1080p), is stretched up and down to fill the same 4:3 window. When you watch it on your monitor, are the proportions of the still and the video the same?

Date: 11/21/12 16:38
Author: fotorail

Tall and skinny on my computer too

Jim Johnson

Date: 11/21/12 18:02
Author: spdaylight

When you captured the video on your editing software (or when you exported it), you probably had the settings set to 4:3 instead of 16:9. Unfortunate as there are some nice clips in there.

Craig
mcmrailvideos.com

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0327 seconds