Home Open Account Help 254 users online

Steam & Excursion > Chelatchie Prairie: the Little Bridge

Date: 10/18/14 10:38
Chelatchie Prairie: the Little Bridge
Author: loleta

We became very familiar with this little bridge, which I believe is called bridge 25, staging a number of photos here. Here's a sample:

1. 2-8-2T #10 smoking it up southbound. We lucked out with the weather, with forecasts earlier in the week predicting rain.
2. Northbound this time, in morning light.
3. The night shoot featured #10 and just the caboose.

Loleta Fernbridge

Date: 10/18/14 22:20
Re: Chelatchie Prairie: the Little Bridge
Author: NDHolmes

There was a lot of potential at that spot, but after the third time we stopped there, some of us just nicknamed it "Pete's Swamp". I think this was probably my favorite of the little bridge shots.

Date: 10/19/14 08:56
Author: YG

Like the location, and the results!

Steve Mitchell
http://www.yardgoatimages.com

Date: 10/19/14 10:07
Author: Coalca

Nice! Great light. So glad they got that steamer back in operation. I think it sat in litigation for 6-8 years? I had ridden behind it before it got taken OoS in 2006. We rode behind the diesel to the Moulton Falls Winery two years ago.

- Anyone know if the big bridge is getting fixed? Haven't heard anything on it for a while.

Date: 10/19/14 23:41
Author: Jim700

Coalca Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> - Anyone know if the big bridge is getting fixed?
> Haven't heard anything on it for a while.

The most recent problem wasn't the bridge over the East Fork of the Lewis River but a roadbed slippage on the curve just west of the bridge.

An email I received yesterday giving my crew assignment for this coming Saturday advises: "And we’ll be operating down to (or close to) Wall and MP20 as in the past since the track problem south of the bridge has been fixed."

Date: 10/20/14 08:45
Author: Coalca

That is Excellent news

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0394 seconds