Home Open Account Help 196 users online

Steam & Excursion > Mystery photo, Magma No. 7?

Date: 11/20/14 20:58
Mystery photo, Magma No. 7?
Author: TomCarter

My parents moved from Stockton to Spanaway Washington this past week, and this was left behind on the counter by someone in my family. I have never seen this picture before, but no one seems to know where it came from. It was pretty much left behind with all the garbage that I need to clean out and get rid of when I go to repaint we carpet and refurbish the house for rental tenants. I am thinking this is magma Arizona number seven, but does anybody have any information, or corrections, on this photo? Looking at the hoppers and the roller bearing trucks underneath, looks to be either very late and that engines career, or a special excursion or photo charter trip. Any idea steam gurus?

Posted from iPhone

Date: 11/20/14 21:48
Re: Mystery photo, Magma No. 7?
Author: PorterNo2

Yep! Just rode behind her two weeks ago.

Stathi

Posted from iPhone

Date: 11/20/14 22:25
Author: JDLX

There are numerous photographs of all three MARR steam locomotives pulling freights including those SP covered hoppers found in Gordon Chappell's Rails to Carry Copper in the last years of the steam era. The railroad at the time served a perlite plant near Superior, which shipped their project in those cars.

Appears to be just another typical workday on the Magma Arizona.

Jeff Moore
Elko, NV

Date: 11/20/14 22:48
Author: TonyJ

Looks like the trestle at Queen's Creek.

Date: 11/20/14 23:09
Author: zephyrus

Love the cactus in there! A nice saguaro, a prickly pear and a bunch of what looks like jumping cholla.

Z

Date: 11/21/14 06:58
Author: SierraRail

Queen's Creek; probably about 1967-1968.

Date: 11/21/14 08:11
Author: ajax247

Nice photo. Scan it and repost?

Date: 11/21/14 10:44
Author: TomCarter

I wish I could scan it but it's 11" x 17" and too big for my scanner. It's also mounted to a large 12" x 18" matte board.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/21/14 10:44 by TomCarter.

Date: 11/21/14 17:20
Author: NPCRR9

If you have access to a flatbed scanner, scan it in overlapping sections. Use a stitch program to put it back together. Microsoft has a free one they call ICE. Works like a charm. Link follows:
http://research.microsoft.com/en-us/um/redmond/groups/ivm/ice/

Ken

Date: 11/21/14 20:32
Author: nycman

Not well versed in photoshop, took a shot at it. Hope you approve.

Date: 11/22/14 00:55
Author: Red

Any photos of it as the Tremont & Gulf loco it was built as?

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0424 seconds