Home Open Account Help 356 users online

Steam & Excursion > Three Amigos

Pages:  [ 1 ][ 2 ] [ Next ]
Current Page:1 of 2

Date: 07/02/15 18:21
Three Amigos
Author: Bob3985

I was just figuring it out and it was 26 years ago in July of 1989 when Steve asked Lynn and I to be the firemen on the steam crew.

Bob Krieger
Cheyenne, WY

Date: 07/02/15 18:24
Re: Three Amigos
Author: Spoony81

This theme popped in my head
http://youtu.be/E0-DlkLfEiM

Posted from iPhone

Date: 07/02/15 18:40
Author: spnudge

In that case, tie him up and haul him back to the UP.. We need him.

Nudge

Date: 07/02/15 19:46
Author: nycman

The three actors in that theme song were portraying ficticious characters.   The three characters in the photo are (and were) REAL, and gave us steam fans a lot of great pleasure with the work that they accomplished.  Thank you Bob, Steve and the late Lynn.

Date: 07/02/15 20:26

Thank you NYC. It was our pleasure to serve the public on behalf of the UP.

Bob Krieger
Cheyenne, WY

Date: 07/02/15 20:44
Author: Frisco1522

Love that photo.   Looks like you guys are going to open some whoopass on somebody.

Date: 07/02/15 21:08

Frisco1522 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Love that photo.   Looks like you guys are going
> to open some whoopass on somebody.
We were in Huntington, WV and had just finished switching out the CSX equipment from our train after doing the Clinchfield Santa train run and were heading back to have Thanksgiving Dinner in the UP Business car we had with us.

Bob Krieger
Cheyenne, WY

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/03/15 06:13 by Bob3985.

Date: 07/02/15 21:35
Author: WestinAshahr

Classic photo!  Looks like a REAL steam crew who knew how to make it happen.

Date: 07/03/15 05:05
Author: apollo17

Like the scrambled eggs on the visor of the cap Steve is wearing. He has all the appearance in this photo of what could be termed Fleet Admiral of the UP Steam Program.

Date: 07/03/15 06:03
Author: ddg

I've seen Steve wear a name pin on his cap that said "M.O.W.S." ......(Manager of Weird Sh*t)

Date: 07/03/15 07:24

I remember the MOWS.   He always had some kind of funny badge on.  I'M NOT STEVE LEE! is one I remember.   I'M NOT MR BOOSTER (don't ask) is another.  This was a great bunch to be on the road with and I was priviledged to make some trips with them as a boomer fireman.  I sure miss those days and the days when 1522 was active.

Date: 07/03/15 07:41
Author: gandydancer4

I had the privilege to ride UP 3985 back in December '92 out of KC with E.R Lister as the pilot and Lynn was firing. My greatest fantasy realized. I came home looking like a raccoon and was on a "high" for 2 weeks after. I remember pulling into Jeff. City where a throng of people were waiting including some of my friends wondering how in the HELL did I rate a cab ride. That's another story. But I do remember meeting these 3 gentlemen on numerous occasions and it was always a good time. From cab rides to eating at "Strouds" in K.C where you "choke your own chicken", it was blast!! Thanks Guys!! You made a railfan incredibly happy!!

Date: 07/03/15 07:49

Frisco1522 Wrote:
> I remember the MOWS.   He always had some kind
> of funny badge on.  I'M NOT STEVE LEE! is one I
> remember.   I'M NOT MR BOOSTER (don't ask) is
> another.  This was a great bunch to be on the
> road with and I was priviledged to make some trips
> with them as a boomer fireman.  I sure miss those
> days and the days when 1522 was active.
I swiped his "I am not Bob Krieger" badge and have it here.

Bob Krieger
Cheyenne, WY

Date: 07/03/15 07:55

gandydancer4 Wrote:
> I had the privilege to ride UP 3985 back in
> December '92 out of KC with E.R Lister as the
> pilot and Lynn was firing.

I remember the trip where Ellis Lister's grandmother baked us one of her world class apple cobbler's. We put it in the tool car fridge for safe keeping. Well, along the way Art Lockman looked in the fridge, saw the pan of delectable cobbler, decided it was the worst looking apple pie and tossed it out the door along teh right of way. We got to town and when Steve went back to get a bite it was GONE. I thought Steve would kill him but after a brief lecture everything was back to normal. By the way Ellis' grandmother baked that cobbler fir the governor of Missouri every year as well. And thus end's another tale from the crypt's of teh steam crew.

Bob Krieger
Cheyenne, WY

Date: 07/03/15 11:54
Author: gandydancer4

Bob, If you liked Lister's Granmother's cobbler, I bet you'd KILL for my wife's choclate cake or cinnamon rolls. BEST in Missouri!!

Date: 07/03/15 16:43
Author: agentatascadero

Speaking of that great "whoopass" comment, the guys do look like they're heading for a showdown at OK Corral.  I can just imagine their demeanor if/when they visit the shops in Cheyenne.  It's too much to dream for that they might go on "a mission from God, and put the band back together"....hope I was at least close on the quote.  AA

Stanford White
Carmel Valley, CA

Date: 07/03/15 19:23

Bob, I remember when I flew into Salt Lake City to work back to Cheyenne with you guys, You had a little ceremony at the hotel that night where the crew presented me with a six foot body condom. (Among other things).    Greatest honor I ever had.
Steve and I were talking about when you guys pulled around the curve by the depot and I was putting on a show (I'm sure you remember that).  I also hid that thing in the fireman's seatbox on the 3985 and don't know where it ended up after that.   We had a blast that trip.  I always had fun with you guys, from the very first time I met you all at the '90 NRHS convention.

Date: 07/03/15 19:57
Author: cchan006

Bob3985 Wrote:
> I was just figuring it out and it was 26 years
> ago in July of 1989 when Steve asked Lynn and I
> to be the firemen on the steam crew.

Bob, thanks for posting that photo!

Unfortunately, it was before my time when you, Steve, and Lynn were the Three Amigos. However, I got something almost as good in 2008, when Steve and Lynn were in the 3985 in Nebraska, and I met you while you were chasing it.

Date: 07/03/15 22:00
Author: Realist

They look like they had had it up to here with something.

If you were not around back then, you missed a heck of a show.

No excuses, no sniveling, and no whining.

Just get 'er done.

And those guys did.

What a contrast to the most recent 4 1/2 years.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/03/15 22:43 by Realist.

Date: 07/04/15 18:45

cchan006 Wrote:
> Bob3985 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I was just figuring it out and it was 26 years
> > ago in July of 1989 when Steve asked Lynn and
> I
> > to be the firemen on the steam crew.
>
> Bob, thanks for posting that photo!
>
> Unfortunately, it was before my time when you,
> Steve, and Lynn were the Three Amigos. However, I
> got something almost as good in 2008, when Steve
> and Lynn were in the 3985 in Nebraska, and I met
> you while you were chasing it.
As I recall we met down at the road crossing at Owasco. You will have to come and visit sometime and I can show you around the area.

Bob Krieger
Cheyenne, WY

Pages:  [ 1 ][ 2 ] [ Next ]
Current Page:1 of 2

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0704 seconds