Home Open Account Help 230 users online

Steam & Excursion > What's Up ????? ..... The inaugural day of operation of .....

Date: 03/27/16 08:58
What's Up ????? ..... The inaugural day of operation of .....
Author: Jim700

.....  Mr. Harper's Mt. Rainier Railroad and Logging Museumhttp://www.mtrainierrailroad.com/ ) and there's not one mention of it on this discussion board?  Not only was the inaugural day SOLD OUT but so is today.

I was hoping to see some reports of yesterday's operation since health conditions in my family kept me from being there.  I'm by no means anywhere close to the record of the longest-tenured volunteers at Mr. Murray's former third-of-a-century-old Mt. Rainier Scenic Railroad but after nine years there I feel like I've got some skin in the game and I'm most anxious for Mr. Harper to make a tremendous success out of his newest venture, which I think he will.  Surely his record at the Durango & Silverton and other locations speaks well for him and I think he'll do well at this location which is within a reasonable driving distance of a huge metropolitan area.

Date: 03/27/16 18:19
Re: What's Up ????? ..... The inaugural day of operation of ..
Author: Auburn_Ed

Over the past 30 years or so that I have been living in the Seattle area, I've noticed that Mt. Rainier steam ops are usually kept as a closely guarded secret.  The Public ads are often seen with schedules for regular trains and rates quoted.  But when it comes to things like the "triple-headers" and other railfan events, they are seldom seen.  I have missed many myself just because I hadn't heard about them.  Perhaps some railfans DON'T WANT other railfans to know about these events.

Ed

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0377 seconds