Home Open Account Help 308 users online

Steam & Excursion > 765 - An amazing weekend!!!

Date: 06/20/17 09:00
765 - An amazing weekend!!!
Author: RRBadTrack

We did it! Thousands of happy people.

Some highlights...
765 above 40mph with open vestibules.
The runbys at LaSalle Street station were incredible! The sound echoing off the buildings was fantastic.
The thunder and lightning on Saturday night.
765 with her Mars light on and oscillating.
Blasting uphill from the EJ&E crossing to Mokena.
And most of all... Over 2000 people carried safely over the weekend with ZERO injuries. It doesn't get any better than that!

The Metra / Fort Wayne Railroad Historical Society team does it again!

R.R. Conway

Date: 06/20/17 09:42
Re: 765 - An amazing weekend!!!
Author: NKP779

One fellow came up to me (a yellow vest) on Sunday, held up his hands with both thumbs up and said "ten thumbs up!".

Date: 06/20/17 10:00
Author: stash

An extremely well run event. Credit due to all the parties involved. It was great.

Posted from Android

Date: 06/20/17 15:56
Author: metra6924

I second everything Mr. Conway said. It was an amazing weekend. Well worth the effort.

Date: 06/20/17 17:22
Author: NYC_L4a

Heartily agree with everything you said. I rode both trips on sunday and had an absolute blast. There's nothing like the visceral experience of big steam working hard at speed from an open vestibule. Others in my car seemed to enjoy it very much as well. Nice bunch of polite people. Plus, the shindig in Chicago was an added bonus. They do this again, I'm all in.

I too would like to express my appreciation to the FWRHS and especially Metra for allowing this all to happen on their road.

Well played, all.

Date: 06/20/17 18:21
Author: Goalieman

I rode the first trip on Sunday and agree with everyone else. A great experience for sure. Everything from the staff checking tickets and directing people to the proper line prior to boarding to the Farmland Jazz Band to the layover at LaSalle Sation was excellent. An extremely well run excursion from start to finish. I too hope this happens again because I'll ride again for sure no questions asked. Hats off to the FWRHS and Metra. Thank you.

Posted from iPhone

Date: 06/20/17 18:24
Author: mdogg

YES. Truly great trips. Track speed, and open vestibules! A huge "thank you" to FWRHS and Metra!

Date: 06/21/17 20:37
Author: MaryMcPherson

It seems to me this would be better described as an event than an excursion. Wave of the future?

Mary McPherson
Dongola, IL
Diverging Clear Productions

Date: 06/21/17 21:58
Author: Rich_Melvin

MaryMcPherson Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It seems to me this would be better described as
> an event than an excursion. Wave of the future?

Yes.

Date: 06/22/17 05:14
Author: MaryMcPherson

Rich_Melvin Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> MaryMcPherson Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > It seems to me this would be better described
> as
> > an event than an excursion. Wave of the
> future?
>
> Yes.

Not a bad thing at all. Expands the market beyond the railfan more than "just" a train ride.

Mary McPherson
Dongola, IL
Diverging Clear Productions

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0546 seconds