Home Open Account Help 332 users online

Steam & Excursion > Cheyenne Frontier Days equipment

Date: 07/17/18 13:22
Cheyenne Frontier Days equipment
Author: Bob3985

I made a pass thru downtown on an errand and noticed the passenger equipment sitting just south of the mainlines on the east side of downtown. So I decided to make a pass by to see what I could and peeking thru a couple of freights on the mains.  I noticed that the unit on its west end was indeed the UP 1943.  The train is scheduled to depart town Thursday morning enroute to Denver to stage for the Denver Post CFD Special.
It returns on Sunday with the UP Museum benefit special and I believe tickets are still available.

Bob Krieger
Cheyenne, WY

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/17/18 13:23 by Bob3985.

Date: 07/17/18 17:39
Re: Cheyenne Frontier Days equipment
Author: Bob3985

So this evening I decided to go to pick up something for dinner. So I ran downtown to check on the train and after a double stack headed west I got these photos with my phone.
1. The Denver Post Cheyenne Frontier Days equipment stored for the Thursday departure.
2. The 1943 is the power on the equipment awaiting its placement in the head end consist with the 844.
3. Just as I was about to leave I heard a whistle down at the east end so I took a peek and here was a westbound Auto Rack train approaching so I decided to grab one more photo.

I probably will take the SLR with me when I get to ride the train to Greeley on Thursday.

Bob Krieger
Cheyenne, WY

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/17/18 17:44 by Bob3985.

Date: 07/17/18 21:32
Author: ATSFSuperChief

Great shots, really looking forward to this year's runs of the train as get to really try out new camera.

SuperChiefDon

Date: 07/18/18 14:40
Author: sgriggs

Nice pictures.  I especially like the first one showing the entire train.  Thanks for posting them.

Scott Griggs
Louisville, KY

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0607 seconds