Home Open Account Help 363 users online

Steam & Excursion > These Steam Trips Give Us Our Only Chance For Time Travel!

Date: 03/20/19 02:18
These Steam Trips Give Us Our Only Chance For Time Travel!
Author: LoggerHogger

How often have those of us on the board wished for a time machine to take us back to our favorite days of steam railroading?  Among our wish lists items for use in time travel is usually the chance to take our modern digital cameras with us so we can get the best results on our journey to yesteryear.  Perhaps we have already achieved our goal and don't even realize it.

The TRAINS Photo charter I just finished running on the Oregon Coast Scenic Railroad with Skookum, Polson Logging #2 and McCloud River RR #25 presented a number of fine opportunities for accurate recreations of scenes from days gone past.

With the wonderful scenery available to us on OCSR, all I had to do was to take a moment from time to time to look for a way to capture these trains and their crews in a pose that would lend itself to an image that was enterly timeless in nature.  Here are 3 examples of what I mean.

Martin

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 03/20/19 02:30 by LoggerHogger.

Date: 03/20/19 03:39
Re: These Steam Trips Give Us Our Only Chance For Time Travel!
Author: cozephyr

Thanks for all the time and effort you've invested in the Oregon Coast Scenic steam program.  You and your crew did a fantastic job this month.  Wish I could have been there.  Appreciate you sharing some highlights with us on TO's.

Date: 03/20/19 05:20
Author: ns1000

I like Pic 3!!

Date: 03/20/19 05:37
Author: refarkas

Photo one is "timelessness" as its best.
Bob

Date: 03/20/19 06:07
Author: Jim700

In the second photo the PLC #2's security and weatherization panel is quite visible at the rear of the cab.  Expecting that the weather would not warm up nearly as much as it did, Skip elected to leave it in place for the Trains Magazine runs.  It was quite toasty in the cab on Monday!

Date: 03/20/19 09:00
Author: OSWishram

Yes, all excellent and timeless photographs.  Thank you, Martin.  No.2 certainly has an old age, timeless feel, being tightly framed and with a large stump.

Bob Willer

Date: 03/25/19 14:25
Author: Sasquatch

I too really like the second shot.  That stump and fallen giant just say "logging country" like nothing else, and PLC #2 is caught in perfect position.  The photo simply transports me.

-Tom

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.036 seconds