Home Open Account Help 304 users online

Steam & Excursion > Ozark Mountain Railroad IPH equipment for sale

Pages:  [ 1 ][ 2 ] [ Next ]
Current Page:1 of 2

Date: 09/22/19 21:19
Ozark Mountain Railroad IPH equipment for sale
Author: cctgm

Just got my weekly update email from Ozark Mountain Rail car and after logging in to website looks Like IPH is selling F units and E units  and dome cars and other equipment. Looks like some of the Mt. Hood equipment and then some from the operation on the Saratoga and North Creek BL2 locomotives and cars and Look like 2 steam engines and a couple of domes .  Looks like a fire sale maybe, prices may be high for some of the equipment. The site shows this equipment is not encumbered by any liens or leases and there is a clear title. 

Safe week to everyone 

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/22/19 21:23 by cctgm.

Date: 09/22/19 22:47
Re: Ozark Mountain Railroad IPH equipment for sale
Author: irhoghead

There looks to be some nice pieces in that collection. Hope they all find a good home. Especially the BL2s.

Date: 09/22/19 23:01
Author: CPR_4000

Date: 09/23/19 04:55
Author: Keystone1

How did they get all that equipment to sell?  Is it on consignment?

Date: 09/23/19 05:34
Author: Bridge60

Damn,

Was hoping to see the 18 (LS&I 2-8-0) on this list perhaps going to a good home.  Oh well.  Maybe the next fire sale...

Date: 09/23/19 07:13
Author: Frisco1522

Poor little 1744 has sure banged around a lot in her travels. 

Date: 09/23/19 07:22
Author: JDLX

Both of Mt. Hood’s locomotives and much of their passenger equipment are in this auction. Doesn’t speak well for this line’s future.

Jeff Moore
Elko, NV

Posted from iPhone

Date: 09/23/19 07:45
Author: Bridge60

RE: 1744

"Recently" (ie ten years ago) some boiler work was done in Alabama, with the boiler being returned to Alamosa.  At some point the running gear went to Texas Sate during the short time Ed Ellis had his foot in the door there.  I'm not sure if all the parts were ever gathered up in one place after the aborted attempt to return her to service.  Having all the parts in the same state would be a giant leap forward at this point.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/23/19 07:46 by Bridge60.

Date: 09/23/19 08:22
Author: elueck

Re: 1744:   The boiler went to TSR when the Alabama boiler operation shut down at the retirement of its owner.  I do not know whether or not the boiler work was ever finished before it was moved to Rusk, but the building which housed the boiler repair shop was sold and the boiler removed.  I don't think that the running gear and the rest of the parts ever left Alamosa.  At the moment, I believe that everything is in Alamosa.

Date: 09/23/19 09:15
Author: Keystone1

And, for a while, she ran on the Heber Valley, where I saw her put on a nice show going around their Horseshoe Curve.

Date: 09/23/19 10:06

The 18 is on the list for $560,000.  Just does not show up in the link above.

This is the link for the 18:
https://ozarkmountainrailcar.com/railEquipment.php?itemId=1994&category=Locomotives

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/23/19 10:07 by elueck.

Date: 09/23/19 10:23
Author: randyr

I worked on the Heber Creeper 1980-82 summers while in college. I watched her, SP 1744’s, restoration and very first run. She was great to fire and sometimes run while the engineer fired. She was my favorite. Road behind her years later out of Alamosa, Colorado with EarlK at the throttle. I hope she can find a good home and a proper restoration. I thought she sounded great running upgrade to Heber City, Utah, but climbing La Veta pass on the San Luis and Rio Grande in Colorado, was even more spectacular.

Randy in PHX

Posted from iPhone

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/23/19 13:16 by randyr.

Date: 09/23/19 12:30

Trains magazine reports that a receivership hearing will be wednesday for pretty much the remainder of the IPH companies:
From the Trains Newswire:

CHICAGO — Iowa Pacific Holdings’ financial woes continue.
A week after its railroads in Colorado and Oregon were placed into receivership, the receiver, Novo Advisors, has filed a motion to place six other Iowa Pacific companies into bankruptcy protection. The six corporations listed in the motion include: Iowa Pacific Holdings LLC, Chicago Terminal Railroad Co., Saratoga and North Creek Railway LLC, Permian Basin Railways Inc., Heritage Rail Leasing LLC, and High Iron Travel Corp. All six companies are led by Ed Ellis.
On Sept. 9, one of Iowa Pacific’s creditors, Big Shoulders Capital LLC, filed a motion in U.S. District Court in Northern Illinois to appoint Novo Advisors as the receiver for Colorado’s San Luis & Rio Grande Railroad Inc. and Oregon’s Mt. Hood Railroad Co. A company or property is placed in receivership to protect the assets of an organization when it cannot meet its financial obligations or enters bankruptcy.
A hearing to determine if the six other companies will be placed in receivership has been scheduled for Sept. 25.
In a statement to Trains News Wire at the time of the initial filing, Ellis said the move “was necessary to continue funding with our lenders.”

The motion to expand the receivership did not include the Mass Coastal Railroad, a freight and passenger railroad on Cape Cod. In an email to Trains News Wire on Monday, Ellis wrote that he could not comment on why Mass Coastal was the only Iowa Pacific property not being placed into receivership.

Date: 09/23/19 14:18
Author: exprail

Years ago while working for a regional railroad which hosted an IP operation for a short time, I rode and talked with one of their service vendors about their experience with IP. They weren't happy since they were asked to do more than originally, agreed to and IP was already in a rears to them for late/non payment. At that point I cautioned our owners to be careful of extending credit or services to IP to prevent any similar, losses to us.

exprail  

Date: 09/23/19 16:13
Author: JMT-844-97

Bridge60 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Damn,
>
> Was hoping to see the 18 (LS&I 2-8-0) on this list
> perhaps going to a good home.  Oh well.  Maybe
> the next fire sale...

It’s on there.

Date: 09/23/19 17:12
Author: ACR_Ted

But you to have an account with Ozark to see the listing for the 18 - that is the engine I want to see saved and possibly restored someday.

Ted

Date: 09/23/19 18:00

18 is fully serviceable up until 2022 when its 1472 days are up.

Date: 09/23/19 20:45
Author: callum_out

And consideration is non-usage, you might get an extension on that.

Out

Date: 09/24/19 00:43
Author: CA_Sou_MA_Agent

Here's a list of what's for sale with prices.  There is probably more not listed here.  

Date: 09/24/19 12:09
Author: Cumbresfan

Permian Basin Railways Inc.? Ellis sold off the two lines (Texas & New Mexico, West Texas & Lubbock) to Watco several years ago. A quick internet search shows a trucking company by that name located in Brownfield, Texas with one truck and one driver.

Pages:  [ 1 ][ 2 ] [ Next ]
Current Page:1 of 2

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0552 seconds