Home Open Account Help 183 users online

Steam & Excursion > Tuesday morning in Las Vegas with UP 4014

Date: 10/14/19 23:48
Tuesday morning in Las Vegas with UP 4014
Author: vegasrails

October 8 I was asked by Union Pacific local members to take some individual and group photos of them with UP 4014. While waiting I took this before sunrise photo of UP 4014 (Photo one) and afterward, one of the more knowledgeable employees snapped this shot of UP 4014 and myself (Photo 2),
Now that I was around the train for another day, I decided last minute to see if I could adjust my dialysis chair time and catch it moving one more time. Once approved I was on the road to Sloan Nevada entering Bard Canyon I attempted to look for somewhere without other fans  which there were many scattered in the canyon (Union Pacific Cima Subdivision MP 320-317) the following four photos it what I took away from my part of capturing UP 4014.
Photo 3 UP 4014 enters the Canyon through the rock cut MP 320

Date: 10/14/19 23:51
Re: Tuesday morning in Las Vegas with UP 4014
Author: vegasrails

Once in the canyon the rail takes a semi S curve and goes through another rock cut. Photo 4 coming out of the first curve. The next photo starting into the second curve through a rock cut and the final of the series the locomotive far ahead being filmed by a helicopter overhead 9out of camera view) and the business car Kenefick bringing up the rear.
Thanks for looking Ken

Date: 10/15/19 07:06
Re: Tuesday morning in Las Vegas with UP 4014
Author: PasadenaSub

Great set of photos, glad you were able to catch it.  Really like #s 1,3, and 4.

Rich

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0391 seconds