Home Open Account Help 313 users online

Steam & Excursion > Strasburg Rail Road Virtual Cameras

Date: 10/19/19 08:21
Strasburg Rail Road Virtual Cameras
Author: ClubCar

I enjoy watching the rail action on the two Strasburg Rail Road cameras and today for some reason, the camera down at Leaman Place in Paradise where Strasburg joins the Amtrak line, the camera is partially blocked so that we cannot view the steam engines running around their trains.  Does anyone know why?  This is unusual since the cameras have come on line.
John in White Marsh, Maryland

Date: 10/19/19 09:21
Re: Strasburg Rail Road Virtual Cameras
Author: boejoe

Hi John;
  I see what you mean.  I've been watching off/on since #611 arrived on the property and never experienced this situation before.  I just saw #475 and a caboose pass to the right of the blackout portion.  Normally, that track is used for temporary storage of freight cars.  I started reading the "chat" comments on the right side of the screen and learn that there is a "private event" going on.  I guess the organizers wanted the general Internet public to not have access.

Date: 10/19/19 09:28
Author: ClubCar

Thanks BoeJoe, that make sense though I cannot imagine what the private event is that they would not want us to see it.  Oh well, to each his own.
John 

Date: 10/19/19 18:59
Author: bigmc83

Today they were doing cab rides and "you be the engineer" for 475 and 611 operating out of Leaman Place. We stopped by and were turned away by an officer. This was partially expected and understandable. Perhaps a liability reason with the recording?

Sean

Posted from Android

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0423 seconds