Home Open Account Help 219 users online

Steam & Excursion > Strasburg Rail Road Virtual Cameras

Date: 05/23/20 08:09
Strasburg Rail Road Virtual Cameras
Author: ClubCar

Once again I have been looking at several Virtual Rail Cameras and I just went onto the Strasburg Rail Road, one of my favorite short lines, located up near Lancaster, Pennsylvania.  They are not open yet to the public and today they have a maintenance multi purpose crane on the line doing some work up near the station.  But once again, the engine house doors are open and one can see former Canadian National Steam Engine #89 inside and behind the building there is steam and smoke arising.  They have an engine steamed up right now.  I just wonder why?  They did this one day last week, yet I did not see nor did anyone else say that they witnessed them running a steam engine.  Does anyone know what is going on?  Curious minds want to know.
Thanks.
John in White Marsh, Maryland

Date: 05/23/20 09:04
Re: Strasburg Rail Road Virtual Cameras
Author: birdman

The word on the street is that a locomotive was steamed up the other day to satisfy requirements for passing an annual inspection. 

Date: 05/23/20 10:00

birdman Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The word on the street is that a locomotive was
> steamed up the other day to satisfy requirements
> for passing an annual inspection. 
Thank you.  I wonder if this is another test today on a different engine?

Date: 05/23/20 12:38

The Strasburg Rail Road did operate one of their steam engines today, Norfolk & Western #425 and they must have been testing it as they moved it back and forth for awhile, then finally they operated down their 4 1/2 mile line to Paradise where their interchange is with the Amtrak "Keystone Line" and where they receive freight from Norfolk Southern.  The engine finished up and is now back in the yard by the engine house.

Date: 05/23/20 14:38
Author: PHall

Well, if you want to operate this summer you gotta do the routine maintenance.
Now is a good time because you don't need to worry about having to run trains at the same time.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0291 seconds