Home Open Account Help 150 users online

Steam & Excursion > Three Decades Later


Date: 11/20/22 09:12
Three Decades Later
Author: MacBeau

The first image of 4449 is believed to be from Blackhawk Films, and was dated 1954 with no additional information. The second image was taken "thirty" years later by Richard Egen as the 4449 passed through Mojave, California.  
Be of good cheer,
—Mac
www.lowellamrine.com



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/20/22 09:25 by MacBeau.






Date: 11/20/22 09:21
Re: Half-a-Century Later
Author: HotWater

MacBeau Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The first image of 4449 is believed to be from
> Blackhawk Films, and was dated 1954 with no
> additional information. The second image was taken
> fifty years later by Richard Egen as the 4449
> passed through Mojave, California.  
> Be of good cheer,
> —Mac
> www.lowellamrine.com

That second photo of 4449 is of the eastbound New Orleans Worlds Fair Daylight train in 1984 (note that the auxiliary water tender is missing in that view, as it was repaired and returned to the consist in LA). Thus, NOT "fifty years later", only 30 years later.



Date: 11/20/22 09:23
Re: Half-a-Century Later
Author: MacBeau

What the hell was I thinking this morning? Thanks for the catch.
—Mac

HotWater Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> MacBeau Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > The first image of 4449 is believed to be from
> > Blackhawk Films, and was dated 1954 with no
> > additional information. The second image was
> taken
> > fifty years later by Richard Egen as the 4449
> > passed through Mojave, California.  
> > Be of good cheer,
> > —Mac
> > www.lowellamrine.com
>
> That second photo of 4449 is of the eastbound New
> Orleans Worlds Fair Daylight train in 1984 (note
> that the auxiliary water tender is missing in that
> view, as it was repaired and returned to the
> consist in LA). Thus, NOT "fifty years later",
> only 30 years later.



Date: 11/20/22 10:21
Re: Half-a-Century Later
Author: Espee1212

The fist shot also appears to be taken at the station in Mojave

Posted from iPhone



Date: 11/20/22 10:30
Re: Half-a-Century Later
Author: MacBeau

Agreed, and note the train is an extra.
—Mac

Espee1212 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The fist shot also appears to be taken at the
> station in Mojave
>
> Posted from iPhone



Date: 11/20/22 10:42
Re: Half-a-Century Later
Author: TomG

From working girl to parade queen, she sure is a beauty. I love seeing 2 GS class engines together. First photo that I can honestly say that I've seen this. There might be tons of photos ouf there, but I must spend to much time under a rock.

Tom
Weaverville, CA



Date: 11/20/22 22:32
Re: Half-a-Century Later
Author: Ritzville

Good looking pictures of SP 4449.

Larry



Date: 11/20/22 22:42
Re: Half-a-Century Later
Author: johnsweetser

First photo taken Oct. 17, 1954.  Additional photos of that train at Mojave:

https://www.trainorders.com/discussion/read.php?11,869669 (third photo)

 https://www.trainorders.com/discussion/read.php?10,4543471,4544598

The photo in the second link wasn't  taken "on the way to the event" at Owenyo as LoggerHogger wrote.  It was taken on the return.



Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/20/22 22:59 by johnsweetser.



Date: 11/21/22 08:50
Re: Half-a-Century Later
Author: MacBeau

Thank you for the additional information. So much of the collection came with nothing but boxes of slides.
—Mac

johnsweetser Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> First photo taken Oct. 17, 1954.  Additional
> photos of that train at Mojave:
>
> https://www.trainorders.com/discussion/read.php?11
> ,869669 (third photo)
>
>  https://www.trainorders.com/discussion/read.php?
> 10,4543471,4544598
>
> The photo in the second link wasn't  taken "on
> the way to the event" at Owenyo as LoggerHogger
> wrote.  It was taken on the return.



Date: 11/23/22 20:15
Re: Half-a-Century Later
Author: atsf121

Great photos of a classic engine!



[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0531 seconds