Home Open Account Help 407 users online

Steam & Excursion > Saturday's North Shore RR "Toys For Tots" track car excursion

Date: 11/20/22 15:10
Saturday's North Shore RR "Toys For Tots" track car excursion
Author: Pattenburg

On Saturday (November 19th), a "Toys For Tots track car excursion was run over the North Shore Railroad tracks. How cold was it on Saturday morning? It was so cold that the previous night's snow squalls required me to scrape off my truck's windshield with my AARP card. Good thing I am a senior citizen. I headed over to North Shore RR's facility in Northumberland where this excursion started. From there they would travel to Berwick, a eighty-six mile round trip.  In between there were excursion stops in Danville, Rupert, Bloomsburg and Berwick where families would donate presents for families so that their children could enjoy the joys of Christmas. I might add that this year Toys For Tots will be celebrating their seventy-fifth anniversary! Below are some of the images from that day.
Photo 1: Track cars departing North Shore's facility.
Photo 2: After the stop in Danville, some of the track cars are seen crossing over Mahoning Creek.
Photo 3: Perhaps one of the more nicely decorated track cars seen on this day. 

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/20/22 15:14 by Pattenburg.

Date: 11/20/22 15:13
Re: Saturday's North Shore RR "Toys For Tots" track car excursion

more photos from Saturday's run...
Photo 4: Passing through the South Warren Street grade crossing as they are coming into Berwick.
Photo 5: My favorite image of the day says it all!
Photo 6: After turning the track cars in Berwick's BIDA complex for the return trip, the track cars do some street running.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/20/22 15:13 by Pattenburg.

Date: 11/20/22 15:15

Heading back to Northumberland, a track car passes by the covered bridge in Rupert. Hope you enjoyed this narrative...

Date: 11/20/22 17:49
Author: GN599

This is neat. Some fantastic looking speeders! Looks like a good time to me!

Date: 11/20/22 17:56
Author: run8

For safe and legal track car information and excursions go to Narcoa.org.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0419 seconds