Home Open Account Help 353 users online

Steam & Excursion > A brazen plug for a book.

Date: 11/28/22 16:15
A brazen plug for a book.
Author: Frisco1522

I am going to submit a plug for my own book, Frisco Steam Salute, published by Michael C. Kelly.  It came out in Spring of 2021.

It has been discussed before on TO and maybe it will spur some sales for Christmas.    https://www.trainorders.com/discussion/read.php?10,5262351
I should read the guidelines to see if this is allowed, but if it isn't it will probably be removed.
Doesn't hurt to try.
I did a book that I would like.  Horizontal format, all steam action and minimal text.   The history of the Frisco and roster books are already out there and I just wanted a good old picture book. 100 photos, a little color and a variety of some of the old masters.  Beebe, Kindig, George, Oaks, Collias and others.
Please excuse the brazen post.
Michael has a special holiday price going.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/28/22 16:16 by Frisco1522.

Date: 11/28/22 16:23
Re: A brazen plug for a book.
Author: Spoony81

I picked mine up from Michael a couple months back. I think he advertised if on one of the St Louis railroading FB pages. I ordered one afternoon and it was on my doorstep in Springfield, IL the next day. Talk about some fast shipping. I haven't had a chance to look at it yet though. 

Date: 11/28/22 16:48
Author: Frisco1522

Thank you.  Hope you enjoy it.

Date: 11/28/22 16:52
Author: train1275

I bought it last year. It is excellent !!!

Fantastic and beautiful photos of classic steam on the Frisco.

Date: 11/28/22 18:11
Author: Jim700

train1275 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I bought it last year. It is excellent !!!

As did I, Don, and I've really enjoyed it.  Thanks for the effort you put into it.

Date: 11/28/22 18:13
Author: MaryMcPherson

I'll vouch for it.  Great book with great photography!

Mary McPherson
Dongola, IL
Diverging Clear Productions

Date: 11/28/22 20:21
Author: Panamerican99

Same here, its a fine pictorial of SL-SF steam at it's best. If you don't have one, get it!
-JH

Date: 11/29/22 14:53
Author: gbmott

Of course I bought it, how could I not?  If you admire SLSF steam (who doesn't?) this is required reading.

Gordon

Date: 11/29/22 17:43
Author: ironmtn

This is one of the best steam books in recent years. Those of us who have seen Don's posts here on TO of images from his collection know the depth and quality that's there -- all top-notch images by recognized and notable photographers in Frisco's service area. And such images fill this book, beautifully presented along with Don's knowledgeable commentary, literally cover to cover.

You do not have to be a Frisco fan, or come from a Frisco family as I do, to enjoy the images in this book. Frisco steam was powerful as its rugged Ozarks territory required. Stylish to roll the varnish out of great stations such as in St. Louis and Kansas City. Well-maintained to keep the road's famed service reputation. And occasionally even a little quirky. But always memorable and worthy of deep appreciation.

This is a fine book that you are sure to enjoy. Make sure that Santa has it under your tree this holiday season.

MC

Date: 11/30/22 10:58
Author: TrackGuy

Don,

I'll be sure to pick one up. Thanks for the heads up.

TrackGuy

Posted from Android

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0595 seconds