Home Open Account Help 280 users online

Steam & Excursion > Classic Steam Sing-a-Long

Date: 12/05/22 19:55
Classic Steam Sing-a-Long
Author: edsaalig

I know that I posted this last year, but there are many new members to Trainorders that have not seen it.  It is the holiday and what a better way to enjoy them then through this video.  Enjoy.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/05/22 21:27 by edsaalig.

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 12/05/22 20:18
Re: Classic Steam Sing-a-Long
Author: asheldrake

This old member would hope you post again next year and the years after.....this is wonderful and brings tears to my eyes....we should all do this on our holiday trains.    thank you!!!!      ARlen

Date: 12/05/22 20:29
Author: Trainhand

Here's another old member wanting you to post this annually. The sound is almost concert hall quality, the scenery is outstanding, the faces fresh and hopeful, and the transportation outstanding. Thanks 

Sam

Date: 12/05/22 22:53
Author: DRGWMark

Absolutely beautiful!!! Great way to get in the spirit of the season - and with a steam train in the snow, no less!

Thank you so much for sharing! An early Merry Christmas to you!

Date: 12/06/22 02:36
Author: wcamp1472

WOWSERS...
That's a great way to start-off a Tuesday Morning...

Made me smile and warm.
My whole day just got lit-up!!  ( and it's only 0530!)

Well done!
I loved the AWE on the childrens' faces.
And yes, it is AWE inspiring !

Merry Christmas, to my friends all across America!

Wes Camp

Date: 12/06/22 06:51
Author: wpdude

BEAUTIFUL! Merry Christmas!

Date: 12/06/22 07:15
Author: dougd

O come let us adore Him , Christ the Lord !

thank you for posting

Merry Christmas!

Date: 12/06/22 11:23
Author: nycman

Thank you for this beautiful way to remind us of the true meaning of Christmas.

Date: 12/06/22 19:10
Author: SR2

As a rail who is a church musician, this brings a great deal of Christmas Joy!
Thank for re-posting this great video!
Christmas blessings,
SR2

Date: 12/07/22 08:32
Author: pwh

Thank you for posting it again. So great to hear a religious Christmas carol being sung especially by young people.

Date: 12/07/22 23:44
Author: Jim700

SR2 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> As a rail who is a church musician, this brings a great deal of Christmas Joy!

From another rail who is also a church pianist for many years beginning in high school in the early '60s, it sure does.  And, as Arlen said:  "this is wonderful and brings tears to my eyes".  Indeed it did, and prompted me to replay the video and get up from the computer to play along with it on my late mother's 1894 Cable Concert Grand piano which is such a joy in my life.

Many of you are aware of how the careers of the late SP&S 700 hoghead Greg Kamholz (my mentor and best friend) and myself were mirrors (except for Amtrak) for six decades, but it was more than just playing music with a whistle on many steamers.  He played a tuba and Sousaphone, I played a cornet and French horn, and we both enjoyed playing pianos that had been in our families for many decades.

Congratulations to the Kettle Valley Steam Railway musicians.  Their presentation surely lifted the spirits of those hearing them.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/08/22 00:28 by Jim700.

Date: 12/08/22 04:03
Author: agent1522

I watched it last year and again this year.  Like Arlen, it brought tears to my eyes.  Thank you.  I hope you will keep posting this for many years to come.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0774 seconds