Home Open Account Help 366 users online

Steam & Excursion > OHRC Progress on the Turntable Project?

Date: 06/02/23 17:40
OHRC Progress on the Turntable Project?
Author: Trainman41

It seems the stream of information about the Turntable project, has dried up.  Not a word for a couple of weeks.  Is there nothing to report? or is it, that nobody is reporting it ?

Date: 06/02/23 17:44
Re: OHRC Progress on the Turntable Project?
Author: HotWater

Trainman41 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It seems the stream of information about the
> Turntable project, has dried up.  Not a word for
> a couple of weeks.  Is there nothing to report?

That pretty well covers it.

> or is it, that nobody is reporting it ?

Date: 06/02/23 18:39
Author: dcautley

The work remaining isn't exactly visible. Among other things I have seen in the past few days:
  • Fabrication of additional mechanical parts for the turntable trucks
  • Building the control shed
I also know that a >lot< of electrical work is pending; not sure what the plan there is.
There are also stacks of ties on site for the new and modified rails.

So, work is definitely happening, but it's not dramatic unless you know what to look for.

-David

Date: 06/03/23 09:42
Author: asheldrake

As others have reported, lots of backroom work being done. 

Also, the boneyard is being cleared in preparation for grading (major leveling) of the area before "wiisker"/ display and all other track work is done.   Both are planned for this month.   My guess is that this month's track work will include track on the turntable bridge.  Not sure when the harp and control booth will get installed.

on June 1st Omega Morgan removed their construction tool containers as part of their de-mobilization.

the exhibits committee met early yesterday with our consultant on the re-design of the front area; it is close to final recommendation for the board.  displays will include signal families, the defective 700 tire as a kid photo op, the dual gauge track exhibit, three flag poles, the dinging loco bell if we can figure out a way to secure it, etc.  .

Arlen

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0428 seconds