Home Open Account Help 240 users online

Steam & Excursion > GN 2507 to new home

Date: 07/23/02 05:30
GN 2507 to new home
Author: santafechief

Plans are now being made to move the GN 2507 from Pasco, WA to Wishram, WA where it will be on permanent display. Probably move late August or September....stay tuned

SantaFeChief

Date: 07/23/02 12:08
Re: GN 2507 to new home
Author: Jim700

I am waiting for a reply from the editor of The Goldendale Sentinel to give permission to post their article of July 18th regarding this move. I\'m happy to see it moved to my hometown. I understand Scott Lindsay is involved in the move and he was expected to arrive in Pasco yesterday.

Date: 07/27/02 11:46
Author: Jim700

Attached is a scan, which I hope is readable at the kb limitation, of the article which appeared in the Goldendale (WA) Sentinel on July 18th. It was written by Jesse Burkhardt, editor of The White Salmon (WA) Enterprise, and originally appeared in that paper. Mr Burkhardt is the author of various photojournalistic books on Northwest railroads.

Date: 07/29/02 12:59
Author: Kurat

I\'m glad to hear that things are moving in a positive direction for GN 2507. I was involved with moving her to Pasco almost a decade ago, and while many of us had high hopes for a working restoration, I have to consider this move--in light of current realities--the next best thing. Klickitat County commissioner Joan Frey is to be commended for her stalwart stewardship of the classic loco, and her patience with the 2507\'s would-be restorers during years of uncertainty. I hope the engine will be located in a site where she can be seen and appreciated by as many as possible. Kurt Armbruster.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0349 seconds