Home Open Account Help 331 users online

Nostalgia & History > I Finally Caught My Neighbor.

Date: 10/20/05 23:34
I Finally Caught My Neighbor.
Author: FGS

Thought I'd share this one of Bobby Dick my neighbor for 8 years when I lived in Fernley. Bobby and Mary Dick were very nice people, and I always wanted to catch Bobby running a train so I could give them an 8x10. It was one of those things that just didn't work out for a long time. But, I finally got a train Bobby was engineering. Although it wasn't the best of photos I gave it to them anyway. Mary was so happy, she matted and framed it and hung it on their wall. It was the first time, that someone other than myself enjoyed a photo I'd taken.

Mary Dick was very involved in saving the Fernley SP depot, She also was able to snag that Cotton Belt caboose that is next to the depot, which is now on Main St.

Jim - Lawton, NV

Photo was taken October 13, 1985 near the big bend of the Truckee River from the Newlands canal.

Date: 10/21/05 09:51
Re: I Finally Caught My Neighbor.
Author: NorCalRailfan

"It was the first time, that someone other than myself enjoyed a photo I'd taken."

I disagree, I've always enjoyed your photos!
H.

Date: 10/21/05 21:15
Author: xtra1188w

And at least it was also a T motor, it was been your lucky day!

Con

Date: 10/21/05 23:02

NorCalRailfan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>
> I disagree, I've always enjoyed your photos!
> H.
>

Well thank you, but honest I was not fishing for a compliment<G>

At that time, and in my area, railfanning was kind-of a lonely hobby. I'd go years not seeing anyone track side. About the only time you'd bump into another fan was at Hobbies Emporium or Jim's High Sierra Hobbies when he came to town. I would meet up with some friends sometimes and go to different places, but didn't share any photos with them because we were out to get more photos.

Now, with the internet and these forums it's real easy to share photos, and get positive feed-back from folks that enjoy your work. Its added a new dimension to the hobby. It so easy to share, and its so enjoyable to see other peoples photos of new areas, equipment and such.

Today, it is almost the exception to get out and not see another fan, at least on weekends. I enjoy meeting other fans, and its not such a lonely hobby anymore.

Jim

Date: 10/21/05 23:07

xtra1188w Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> And at least it was also a T motor, it was been
> your lucky day!
>
> Con

Yep,

It was another T-motor, a common sight on this line, but for me, never common.

Jim

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0428 seconds