Home Open Account Help 329 users online

Nostalgia & History > San Timeteo Canyon helpers on the move

Date: 12/07/05 09:58
San Timeteo Canyon helpers on the move
Author: NscaleMike

Circa 1983, a set of SP helpers heads back for helper assignment in San Timeteo Canyon (this is east of Redlands for those not familiar with SoCal)...near Hinda Crossovers...

Out of curiousity...where would the helpers go, to be in position for the next train west? I know for the Tehachapi's...it would have been either Summit or Bena...

Mike
Henderson, NV

Date: 12/07/05 18:55
Re: San Timeteo Canyon helpers on the move
Author: mdo

Probably headed to Thousand Palms.

Maybe read these threads: http://www.trainorders.com/discussion/read.php?11,759579,759579#msg-759579

mdo

Date: 12/08/05 22:26
Author: goalco

For Eastbound movements they could be found out by Loma linda at the PMT spur

Date: 10/13/18 19:56
Author: O_S_Jenks

This post brings back some great memories; my San Timeteo memories begin in 1993, when my parents retired to Sun Lakes at Banning. Also, let's me ask a question I've had for some years. Do I remember correctly that the Hinda crossovers, at this time, were located just west of the signals in the distance? When the double tracking from Ontario to Yuma and other improvements were done in the late '90's early 2000's, were the Hinda crossovers moved about 3 miles railroad west?

Great picture, thanks for posting!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0341 seconds