Home Open Account Help 202 users online

Nostalgia & History > Here's some more Katy!

Date: 07/14/06 23:01
Here's some more Katy!
Author: xtra1188w

Any time is a good time for Katy or Rio Grande! Please feel free to post more of both at any time y'all!

Tonight might be an extra good time to post Katy and anything besides SP stuff, since the SP folks are having their hysterical convention in Oakland right now.

1st edit: After I posted these, I've seen that I forgot to write data captions on them. All three of these images are from my late friend GC "Archie" Campbell's collection, and are now a part of my collection. AFAIK, these three were probably taken by F. Dale Morris, the late father of a fellow that a lot of us know, Joe Dale Morris. JD told me once that I was welcome to post any images from Archie's collection, but were originally part of his dad's pictures.

I think that the first image, the one of the Baldwin switcher, was taken as it sat by the MKT roundhouse in Ney Yard in Fort Worth.

2. The GP7 is sitting just east of the crew quarters/maintenance building that was in Sloan Yard in San Antonio.

3. These are two GP40's, but I'm not sure of their locality here, it's somewhere in central Texas, but I can't say exactly where.

These images date from the late 1960's to the early 1970's.
Con

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0467 seconds