Home Open Account Help 327 users online

Nostalgia & History > depot pictures time

Date: 08/12/06 05:39
depot pictures time
Author: xtra1188w

Do y'all remember Julian Cavalier? Mr. Cavalier used to draw plans of structures and they were printed in Model Rairoader magazine back in the 60's and 70's, and 80's too I think. Mr Cavalier also published a couple of really nice picture books of depots, I have those books and I have enjoyed them a lot over the past 25-30 years. I haven't seen anything from Mr cavalier for several years though, I reckon that he's no longer with us?

1st edit, I reckon that I forgot to caption the second one. That is Germantown MD once on the B&O. This image was made by Jim Fisher on January 29, 1998, and it's posted here with his permission.

Con

Date: 08/12/06 05:45
Re: depot pictures time

Here's 3 more depots.

Ooops! There's just something a 2nd image, I forgot to write a caption for this one also. This was the depot on the IGN-MoP at McNeil Texas. Now it is a beer club on W 5th Street in Austin Texas.

Lessee here; yuppies have clubs, and red necks have beer joints, but other than that, ain't they about the same thing? How about it, any comments from any Yuppie foamers out there?

Con

Date: 08/12/06 06:37
Author: tolland

How about a club that's also a beer joint?

Con, about the SP depot in Austin, do you know what year it was torn down?

Jim Burrill

Date: 08/12/06 08:53
Author: WrongWayMurphy

Wonder who ended up with the tractor?

Date: 08/12/06 10:50
Author: 4merroad4man

That's where the McNeil depot wound up. I gotta get downtown more often......

Date: 08/12/06 14:56
Author: nycman

Con, what the heck is a beer "club?" I just call them bars. Thanks for the depot pix.

Date: 08/12/06 23:27

tolland Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> How about a club that's also a beer joint?
>
> Con, about the SP depot in Austin, do you know
> what year it was torn down?
>
> Jim Burrill

Not right off hand Jim. I'll check and post that info later on in a day or two, if someone else hasn't done so.

Con

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0328 seconds