Home Open Account Help 376 users online

Nostalgia & History > Does Anyone Know The Location

Date: 03/31/07 06:47
Does Anyone Know The Location
Author: flynn

Date: 03/31/07 12:27
Re: Does Anyone Know The Location
Author: NDHolmes

Looks like somewhere in Glenwood Cyn, as you guessed, but it doesn't ring a bell. If nobody can place it, I'll keep an eye out for it next time I drive through - that cave must still be there, and should be easy to spot from I-70.

Date: 03/31/07 13:40
Author: xtra1188w

I wonder if it might be the DeBeque depot in DeBeque Canyon. It appears to resemble other joint Colorado Midland-Denver & Rio Grande station buildings, plus its proximity to a big river and looking like it's in a canyon makes me wonder about DeBeque, or even possibly Ruby Canyon. Details are very hazy here, but it seems like I've read somewhere that there was a station in Ruby Canyon in the early days. I don't think that this is in Glenwood Springs though.

Con

Date: 03/31/07 23:42
Author: RFengineer

I seem to remember there once was a staion near the Shosone Power Plant on the railroad side. I have seen photographs of it before.

There is a cave near the Shosone Dam that is above the railroad. The cave goes all the way to the power plant on the east side of the river. There were several students that would explore the caves back when I attended college in Glenwood in the early 70's.

<<RL>>

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0593 seconds