Home Open Account Help 282 users online

Nostalgia & History > Question for the Pennsy/PC Guys

Date: 12/06/09 18:06
Question for the Pennsy/PC Guys
Author: ns2557

I recently obtained some T/O's from the mid to late PC era. The T/O's generally were written at Glen. References are made to Greenville Blk Station, Carlisle Jct, Ansonia, Northern Branch, Carlisle Branch and a few others. My question is, where exactly is Glen? And are these locations on ex PRR and if so what lines? I'm guessing western Ohio and Eastern Indiana, but can't find the locations in a 1964 PRR List of Reportable Locations and I don't have my PC Western Region ETT's available currently. Any one give me and idea as the where all this is at? TIA. Ben

Date: 12/06/09 18:36
Re: Question for the Pennsy/PC Guys
Author: CCDeWeese

Ansonia was where the PRR crossed the NYC, I think, so your eastern Indiana, western Ohio guess is accurate.

Date: 12/07/09 18:50
Author: DrLoco

THere is a GLEN block sign on the ex-NYC Bee line from Indianapolis to Cleveland. That Glen is located at mile 238, which is between Chesterfield and Yorktown, Indiana--more generally between Anderson and Muncie. It's still there today.
Although I suspect that the Glen you refer to is somewhere on the Cincinnati Northern--since that covers all the other block names--like ansonia and the northern branch.

And Ansonia is NOT where the PRR and NYC Crossed. CCDeWeese was close though! That was 10 miles west at Union City, Indiana. The Bradford/Redkey/Marion line of the PRR crossed the aforementioned NYC Bee Line.
At Ansonia, the NYC CRossed the Cincinnati Northern--another NYC subsidiary. Ansonia also had a 5-6 stall roundhouse an wye and 5 track yard.

You have any scans of them to share?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/07/09 18:53 by DrLoco.

Date: 12/07/09 19:31
Author: ns2557

I'll have to update the post when I get home. On the road currently and have no scanner with me. Thanks for the replies. Ben

Date: 12/08/09 17:58
Author: exopr

Glen tower was a PRR tower on the east side of Richmond, IN. I worked there as an operator in Conrail days.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.038 seconds