Home Open Account Help 397 users online

Nostalgia & History > A Rainey Day on the Fallbrook Line

Date: 11/07/12 18:53
A Rainey Day on the Fallbrook Line
Author: RDG630

April 1977 a northbound Conrail train makes a set out at Ansonia, Pa for the Wellsville, Addison & Galeton Railroad. Not happy with the weather that day but now I treasure the photo as the railroad line no longer exists south of Wellsboro Jct and of course the locomotives are all gone, as is the WAG. This was the former NYC through the Grand Canyon of Pa.

Date: 11/07/12 19:04
Re: A Rainey Day on the Fallbrook Line
Author: SPDRGWfan

Those pictures look like they could have been taken a couple weeks ago! Nice.

Date: 11/07/12 19:20
Author: DundasMP23

Great photos. I drove through there on US 6 a few weeks ago. Not worth stopping there now.

Rob Smith
Hamilton, ON

Date: 11/07/12 19:25
Author: TRACKENGR

RDG630,
I think "treasure the photo" is an understatement. Keep the "golden oldies coming"

Steve

Date: 11/08/12 13:32
Author: PCCRNSEngr

Rare for a northbound setoff as it would have been more likely the cars would have been dropped at Wellsboro Jct and the Wellsboro local take them back to Ansonia. A stop would have been made if they didn't have any other cars for the Wellsboro Local or a pick up. The empty head end cars are from Alcan in Williamport enroute to Massena and carry aluminum ingot bars.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0326 seconds