Home Open Account Help 284 users online

Nostalgia & History > Digging through some old negatives

Date: 11/24/12 21:03
Digging through some old negatives
Author: Q4960

Nothing spectacular...first is of the Illinois Central that I used to watch go through Hudson, Illinois almost daily. Second is of a Penn Central (ex-NYC) E unit near the enginehouse just south of Union Station, Chicago...just about the time Amtrak was starting up.

Roger Holmes

Date: 11/24/12 22:51
Re: Digging through some old negatives
Author: GRNDMND

Nice old stuff! Feel free to post more...especially the IC there in Hudson or anywhere for that matter.

KC

Date: 11/25/12 08:23
Author: oldhound

Roger, just want to say that I am enjoying your photos.

I find it amazing that many of the scenes that were "ordinary/everyday" scenes that many of us didn't bother with become so interesting when the years go by.

Keep it up.
Karl

Date: 11/25/12 08:24
Author: YG

Nice clear images with lots of detail to look at in the background. Hope you post more like these!

Steve Mitchell
http://www.yardgoatimages.com

Date: 11/25/12 08:38
Author: qman

A big WOW on #2 Mr. Q !!!!!!

qman

Date: 11/25/12 19:11
Author: Cumbres

Wow, the only train I ever saw in Hudson was just south of this pic, with orange and white loco's. I hope you keep posting these. Thanks!!!

Date: 11/27/12 04:52
Author: bret68

I grew up in Hudson in the 70's. I would love to see more pics. My sons have a hard time believing trains actually went through Hudson.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0695 seconds