Home Open Account Help 204 users online

Nostalgia & History > More on That Iowa Pacific Car in Roseville Yard

Date: 12/14/13 17:54
More on That Iowa Pacific Car in Roseville Yard
Author: MartyBernard

A few days back stmfrevr posted a picture of an Amtrak dome car with an exterior in awful shape. The picture is re-posted below for convenience.

The car has been acquired by Iowa Pacific and Jerry LaBoda asked Ed Ellis about it. Ellis confirmed the car is ex-AMTK 9210, nee-CB&Q 305. Jerry's research showed the car had been stored at Monad Rwy. Equipment in La Mirada, CA., for the former owners of it and Sierra Hotel. As one of the cars that saw use on the IC it was one of the only ones NOT painted for IC, seeing use in its NP paint during the last winter season that these domes were used.

Hope this helps.

Marty Bernard

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/15/13 17:54 by MartyBernard.

Date: 12/14/13 21:04
Re: More on That Iowa Pacific Car in Roseville Yard
Author: EmpireBuilder

These would sure look nice back on it.

To answer the next question - no, I didn't take them off. They were removed very early in their Amtrak careers by Amtrak when the numbers were changed. I bought these and the 306's set from a Beech Grove employee over 20 years ago. For reference, all of the Lounge in the Sky conversions kept theirs till the present day with the numbers milled out since NP renumbered them.

Date: 12/14/13 21:09
Author: EmpireBuilder

This would too I suppose.

Date: 12/16/13 19:37
Author: BuddPullman

Very cool!!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0673 seconds