Home Open Account Help 378 users online

Nostalgia & History > Some C&NW from the early 1990's in Iowa

Date: 03/05/14 19:22
Some C&NW from the early 1990's in Iowa
Author: MILW86A

Ahh thought I would scan some CNW for those who love the green and yellow, and we're not talking about the Packers either.

1. WCY01 at Beverly, Ia March or April of 1991. This was the East Iowa Wayfreight. On M and Th it went from Marshalltown to Clinton as WMT02. Tu and Fri it was WCY01 going west to Marshalltown. Wednesdays was a Marshalltown to Tama Turn. Geeps almost always powered this train.

2. A BBHVC coal train near MP 61 on the East Iowa between Mechanicsville and Lisbon IA with a pair of 7000's on March 28, 1991. Admit folks, you would take this power now wouldnt you?

MILW86A

Date: 03/05/14 19:27
Re: Some C&NW from the early 1990's in Iowa
Author: MILW86A

On April 3rd of 1993, my friend Bill Wilson is on a DMPRA working at Beverly, Iowa, so while they are making a set out and pickup, he invited me for a ride. I'm looking Eatward at the Edgewood Rd Crossing. This scene is long gone now. No old Beverly depot, no yard camera, no MP15, no 7000 leader, and finally, no crossing, its now an overpass here. But back in the day, if you behaved, the CNW folks tolerated the fans at Edgewood Rd. Good times.

The next day, April 4th, due to the Cedar River Lapping the Gauntlet, trains are being fleeted through downtown Cedar Rapids, Iowa. this is a NPPRA type taken from atop the 3rd Ave Parkade, which was the sight of the old Union Depot. The track is still there, only the colors and the power have dissappeared.

MILW86A

Date: 03/06/14 06:25
Author: boilertube

I enjoyed the great photos.

Now if you could get the Union depot with a steam engine passenger train

Keep up the postings.

Date: 03/06/14 14:49
Author: CNW8531

Very good stuff, Dave! Boy, do I ever miss the C&NW. They made an honest effort to keep they're engines clean as well. You sure as hell can't say that about the scuzzy UP power of today. Thanks for the great look back.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0687 seconds