Home Open Account Help 330 users online

Nostalgia & History > American Freedom Train Alert

Date: 08/19/14 19:59
American Freedom Train Alert
Author: nycman

For those of us who do not frequent the Railroader's Nostalgia forum, man, have we missed a fantastic historic narrative of the American Freedom Train adventure. Steven Bush has chronicled his personal experiences as an employee on the AFT in (so far) 23 great posts in that forum, starting back on page 6, in December 17, 2013. I have read all of them, and it is a wonderful trip back in time. Actually, I started with the latest one and worked back, but in any event, it all starts here http://www.trainorders.com/discussion/read.php?18,3264394

Date: 08/19/14 20:06
Re: American Freedom Train Alert
Author: ironmtn

Agreed. Great stuff, which I have enjoyed very much. Somewhere along the way the author also mentioned a stage in his career in which he drove for Greyhound, as did I for several years. We've shared some interesting stories with each other about our experiences with The Dog.

But the Freedom Train tales are more than worth the price of admission.

MC
Columbia, Missouri

Date: 08/20/14 16:32
Author: railstiesballast

Agreed, an excellent series.
The first-person RR histories here on TO are a wonderful treat to read and we hope, an asset for RR history in general.

Date: 08/20/14 18:30
Author: burlingtonjohn

AMEN Fitz!!!!

Regards,
Burlington John

(photographer unknown, my collection)

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0343 seconds