Home Open Account Help 357 users online

Nostalgia & History > Looking At You... - EL, B&M, SRS

Date: 06/20/15 06:26
Looking At You... - EL, B&M, SRS
Author: refarkas

When a locomotive, etc. was sitting dead, and I had permission to take photographs, I'd sometimes take a nose shot. Obviously if it was moving, this was ruled out.
Image one: EL 1245 sits at the EL yard in Kent, Ohio during the late 1960's/early 1970's.
Image two: B&M 1746 also sits at the EL yard in Kent, Ohio in the late 1960's/early 1970's. I saw B&M locomotives or even full B&M lashups on the EL in Northeast Ohio several times. The man on the right is railman Mike Ondecker.
Image three: Sperry railcar SRS 138 sits in the Marion, Ohio EL yard on 12/30/1972.
Bob

Date: 06/20/15 11:31
Re: Looking At You... - EL, B&M, SRS
Author: Milwaukee

That EL unit has many unusual front details for an EMD GP type unit.  Thanks for sharing these nose shots to allow for the comparison between the EL and the more common looking B&M unit. 

Date: 06/20/15 12:00
Author: ns2557

Always liked the look of the older SRS Cars. Have a few shots of them from the Hbg Pa area.  Thanks for sharing these gems.  Ben

Date: 06/20/15 16:03
Author: Out_Of_Service

ns2557 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Always liked the look of the older SRS Cars. Have
> a few shots of them from the Hbg Pa area.  Thanks
> for sharing these gems.  Ben

they were loud and the front pilot cab was real tight ... i prefer these testing vehicles to the hi-rail testing trucks ... they had tables and bathrooms ...

Date: 06/21/15 14:35
Author: krm152

BOB:
Did B&M GPs reach EL via D&H?
ALLEN

Date: 06/21/15 14:49
Author: refarkas

I have no idea how the B&M Geeps reached the EL. Sorry.
Bob

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.028 seconds