Home Open Account Help 306 users online

Nostalgia & History > Maroon Monday: Bloody nose assistance

Date: 02/08/16 09:41
Maroon Monday: Bloody nose assistance
Author: santafe199

You just never know where or when “Mr Cloud” will crash your railfan photo party. My friend Jim Watson had this train in his sights with some classic white fluffy clouds to grace the image. Unfortunately another renegade cloud came along and….. (long sigh: it happens to all of us… )

But I think Jim got a pretty cool shot anyhow. Even though there’s not a drop of maroon in his shot, it’s still Rock Island. And we have 1st generation UP paint & bankrupt blue backed up by a 2nd generation bloody nose that carries more horses than the other two put together. Jim’s slide info puts this image in the Pocasset, OK area. Judging by the still-sunlit clouds back there I’m guessing this would be a southbound train. I thought some about Photoshopping a few weeds out of the foreground. But then if the Rock Island had no money for such frivolous activity as mowing the grass, who am I to change RR history…

1. CRI&P 4159 in UP yellow & gray leads a southbound(?) manifest near Pocasset, OK on April 14, 1976.

Thanks for looking back!
Lance Garrels (santafe199)
Jim Watson (UP6900)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/19/22 20:58 by santafe199.

Date: 02/08/16 10:12
Re: Maroon Monday: Bloody nose assistance
Author: 3rdswitch

That's a good one.
JB

Date: 02/08/16 10:16
Author: miralomarail

Great Photo under Ideal weather of a sick lead unit, gee that's loosing lot's of oil

Date: 02/08/16 10:18
Author: SCKP187

Very nice classic Rock.  Fs always had an appealing look to me mixed with GPs.  From the terrain and elevation, this looks like a crossing I shot and posted 1 mile south of Pocasset just back on Jan 27 2016.  Thanks both for the great look back in time.
Brian Stevens

Date: 02/08/16 17:31
Author: AndyBrown

Yep, great consist, and old school pigs and racks on the head end.  Nice, even if clouded!

Andy

Date: 02/09/16 06:31
Author: SP8595

What a Fantastic consist and a classic scene! Clouds, what clouds!?!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0575 seconds