Home Open Account Help 287 users online

Nostalgia & History > SP. Near the end Part 4.

Date: 07/17/16 05:56
SP. Near the end Part 4.
Author: SP2778

Cascade Route SP East at East end Fields May 5, 1996.

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 07/17/16 06:37
Re: SP. Near the end Part 4.
Author: WAF

Back in the 70s, all those doors would have been closed and cars cleaned of debris

Date: 07/17/16 15:07
Author: spdaylight

I was surprised to see the first signs of graffiti on a few of the  boxcars   . . . thought that started a bit later . . . 

Craig
http://mcmrailvideos.com/

Date: 07/17/16 23:00
Author: Fizzboy7

Wonderful scene there.   I don't recall two AC's on a manifest as too common up there.
Figure the graffiti era started just about after all the western mergers.

Date: 07/18/16 19:08
Author: railboomer

Seems to be a significant number of slid flats on this train. I left the railroad in 91 after 26 years of working on car and loco brakes. I was witness to the gradual breakdown of maintenance of brakes and general maintenance. It speaks to the inherent safety of the concept of wheel on rail that things are't much worse safety wise . Recently I saw a stacker passing thru my little village with a slid flat so severe the bearing cap was dropping at least 1-2 inches with each rotation of the wheelset. It was shaking buildings over 100 feet away. We may be efficient as hell, but, we're gambling big time.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0299 seconds