Home Open Account Help 274 users online

Nostalgia & History > Trolleyville U.S.A. Treasures (3)

Date: 10/22/16 16:57
Trolleyville U.S.A. Treasures (3)
Author: refarkas

Trolleyville U.S.A. in Olmstead Township was a treasure, but sadly when Gerald Brookins the owner of the mobile home park where Trolleyville was located died, the mobile home park was sold, and the new owners evicted Trolleyville.
Here are two images from August 24, 1996.
Image one: Pittsburg Railways Co. 4145.
Image two: Shaker Heights Rapid Transit 1225 and 1218 (trailer).
Bob

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/22/16 17:03 by refarkas.

Date: 10/22/16 18:23
Re: Trolleyville U.S.A. Treasures (3)
Author: intermodalres

It was such a neat place in a very neat setting.  I volunteered there for 2 years.  Only got to run the street cars.  Never qualified on the big interurbans.  Very sad to see it go and the collection dispersed.

Date: 10/23/16 05:07
Author: trainsfireengine

These photos bring back memories of Lake Shore Electric Railway Club meetings held on the cars with slide shows after dark provided by Jim Businger. Thanks for posting them.

Date: 10/23/16 13:16
Author: intermodalres

I attended a few of Mr. Businger's presentations, including one at Trolleyville.  They were amazing.  Two slide projectors and movies in the middle going at the same time.  I went to school with his sons, but I never would have felt right asking what they did with his extensive collection after he passed away.  Now I wish I had, because, so far, I have not found anyone that knows.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0374 seconds