Home Open Account Help 356 users online

Nostalgia & History > One Last Group of Roger Puta's Mexican Photos

Date: 04/28/17 13:14
One Last Group of Roger Puta's Mexican Photos
Author: MartyBernard

These are all shot from vestibules of trains he rode.

1 and 2. NdeM Train 51 between Esperanza and Cordoba, Mexico on September 11, 1966

3. NdeM Train 51 crossing the Metlac Bridge, Metlac, VER., Mexico on September 11, 1966

Continued ...

Date: 04/28/17 13:18
Re: One Last Group of Roger Puta's Mexican Photos

4. NdeM Train 51 going across gorge between Esperanza and Cordoba, Mexico on September 11, 1977

5. NdeM Train 100 Vera Cruz to Mexico City via Jallpa going off old F.C.M. onto N de M at Mexicano Jct., Mexico First car forward is Swiss built coach on September 13, 1966

6. NdeM Train 2, the Aguila Azteca south of San Luis Potosi, S.L.P., Mexico on September 7, 1966

Enjoy,
Marty Bernard

Date: 04/28/17 16:36
Author: mundo

Thanks so much for posting these Mexico Photo's.

Its such a shame that so many US railfans would not step foot across the boarder. They missed so much.

I am happy to have taken many of you down with our Mexico tour programs. With more support could have done even more tours, but that is now history.

Date: 04/28/17 17:16
Author: aaronhanson

mundo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Thanks so much for posting these Mexico Photo's.
>
> Its such a shame that so many US railfans would
> not step foot across the boarder. They missed so
> much.
>
> I am happy to have taken many of you down with our
> Mexico tour programs. With more support could
> have done even more tours, but that is now
> history.

Mexico is a beautiful, amazing country to visit if you are willing to go beyond the tourist spots - those places are ugly. not only are the trains you used to see history, but they're likely not coming back, either. i don't know how they could. i heard one rumor about China, of course. Have you heard this one? it goes like this: China will build high speed rail in exchange for certain rights to Mexico's seafood catch. Sounds like BS to me. Let me know if you've heard any strange myths about rebuilding the Mexican rail system.

Date: 04/28/17 17:21
Author: callum_out

China has made a similar offer for oil, for cement, and who knows else!

Out

Date: 04/28/17 20:05
Author: mp51w

That is one impressive bridge!

Date: 04/28/17 20:51
Author: aaronhanson

callum_out Wrote:
> China has made a similar offer for oil, for
> cement, and who knows else!
>
> Out

We rented a boat and floated through a creek through the mangroves through floodwaters created by a recent hurricane. It had ocean fish now living inland that were deposited there. Enter some sort of tour guide - some youngish woman who was bilingual. She swore up and down that China was going to build a high speed rail line from Cancun in exchange for Mexico's harvest of...wait for it...sea cucumbers. I was polite and didn't laugh at her, but it really sounded like a whopper. Not much of a fair trade.

Date: 04/28/17 22:20

mp51w Wrote:
> That is one impressive bridge!

Two bridges. Marty

Date: 04/29/17 12:18
Author: SantaFeRuss

Real nice photos of vintage Mexican passenger railroading. Thank you for sharing.

SantaFeRuss

Posted from Android

Date: 04/30/17 13:12
Author: MyfordBrowning

Both the Metlac Bridge and the steep grade east of Esperanza have been replaced by a newer line.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0499 seconds