Home Open Account Help 384 users online

Nostalgia & History > Interbay on a Rainy Day

Date: 07/28/17 06:47
Interbay on a Rainy Day
Author: funnelfan

1993 was the year I first visited Seattle, WA. And while it started dry, it wasn't long before the rains came. In those less hostile times, I was able to walk around Balmer Yard and the Interbay shops with a camera in hand and not worry about railroad bulls, unfriendly employees nor street thugs. Seems a whole 'nother world now.

Ted Curphey
Ontario, OR

Date: 07/28/17 09:05
Re: Interbay on a Rainy Day
Author: cewherry

Most of this scene can be captured today. The covered wagon 'B' unit in the distance was the power car for Interbay rotary which was parked on its 'home' track. I've lost track of the rotary today. Interbay may not even have one now. The shed on the right was the last vestige of caboose operation. Today crew changes are still made here occasionally but now the new crew simply waits in the crew van. No rolling the train by to swap out the caboose crew. About the only place to photograph is now from the west side, beyond the tree line to the right which is slightly elevated.
Typical Seattle weather for 8-10 months of the year. Thanks for the memory, Ted.

Charlie

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0368 seconds