Home Open Account Help 231 users online

Nostalgia & History > UP Freight Westbound, Arnold Loop, Nev.5-16-1991 just after Steam

Date: 10/14/17 04:11
UP Freight Westbound, Arnold Loop, Nev.5-16-1991 just after Steam
Author: RailRat

After filming UP 844+3985 up here Eastbound, I hung around and caught this Westbound freight, heading compass North and South at the same time, while rounding the loop! Might as well have hung around, since access to this spot is way off the beaten path, and takes quite a bumpy while to get back to the interstate. Engineer's first horn is for the maintenance/access road xing, but not sure if his 2nd set of honks are for me, a RR maintenance man, or other railfans that were up here this day. Camera position is Northwest side of loop, panning Southeast towards Wendover, and Northeast towards Mt.Pilot/Peak. Thanks for Viewing!

Jim Baker
Riverside, CA

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/14/17 04:25 by RailRat.

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 10/14/17 08:35
Re: UP Freight Westbound, Arnold Loop, Nev.5-16-1991 just after S
Author: fresno

Nice catch with the video, Jim. Any video with Pilot Peak in the background is okay in my book.

Back in the days when the ex-WP was actually seeing some train traffic, compared to how things are nowadays on that line.

Date: 10/14/17 14:02
Author: RailRat

SPSF Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Nice catch with the video, Jim. Any video with
> Pilot Peak in the background is okay in my book.
>
> Back in the days when the ex-WP was actually
> seeing some train traffic, compared to how things
> are nowadays on that line.

Thanks, and have a few more videos, from a few trips up here, and many other locations. Currently processing them for posting as time allows.

Jim Baker
Riverside, CA

Date: 10/17/17 18:56
Author: carsoncity

Just traveled the loop in daylight on a very late Amtrak #5 this past Sunday. Remote and desolate country to be sure.

Date: 10/17/17 22:37
Author: ProAmtrak

Awesome video Rat, I wish I had a chance to railfan out there myself!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0417 seconds