Home Open Account Help 373 users online

Nostalgia & History > Reading Company RDC's

Date: 11/23/17 20:57
Reading Company RDC's
Author: NS4271

at Franklin Street Station, Reading, PA. in the 1980's.

Date: 11/23/17 22:37
Re: Reading Company RDC's
Author: TonyJ

Oh how I wish I could have been there in person.

Date: 11/23/17 23:03
Author: krm152

TonyJ Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Oh how I wish I could have been there in person.

ME TOO!
ALLEN

Date: 11/23/17 23:50
Author: Chooch

I was born and raised in the City of Philadelphia and as so thought I knew the city pretty well but now I'm stumped. Where exactly is or was FRANKLIN Station? Even the buildings nearby don't look familiar. Could this have been a location that parallels the Schuylkill River at the old B&O station across the river from the now 30th St station? Thanks for any help.

Jim
Hatboro, PA

Date: 11/24/17 04:30
Author: thebluecomet

Downtown Reading. It's still there in great shape. Now a community center of sorts. NS uses the single track, but it's not the busiest. Most trains use the by-pass via Cumru.

Date: 11/24/17 07:31
Author: KingCoal

Great location. I was there several times in the '70s. Rode the trains and took photos of the area. I remember the smell of cherry cough drops in the air from a local factory.

Date: 11/24/17 20:29
Author: mp109

During the 60's I was taking graduate courses in the summer at Temple University. I usually used the Paoli local but remember that at least once I took the Reading RDC from Pottstown.

Date: 11/26/17 08:03
Author: RBMN-ENGR

Service to Reading ended in June 1981. Wish we had it back!

Chris Bost
Leesport, PA

Date: 11/26/17 11:06
Author: King_Coal

More good memories! Keep it up. The RDC on the right is probably a Pottsville shuttle, IIRC. The one on the left is heading to Philly.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0434 seconds