Home Open Account Help 232 users online

Nostalgia & History > Here's your Bloody Soup, Sir!

Date: 08/17/18 07:49
Here's your Bloody Soup, Sir!
Author: the_expediter

I'm pulling your leg...Service on D&RGW Rio Grande Zephyr's Silver Banquet Diner was always good, along with the Rocky Mt. Trout for $9.95 and London broil, also at $9.95 included soup or juice, potato, veggies, and don't forget the dinner rolls...Prices from Dinner Menu dated 11/1982...Steve

Date: 08/17/18 08:44
Re: Here's your Bloody Soup, Sir!
Author: icancmp193

IIRC I had the trout.

TJY

Date: 08/17/18 11:13
Author: march_hare

I vividly recall taking my new girlfriend on a weekend round trip to SLC when I lived in Denver, a year or two before the menu you cite.  The trout and the french toast were the two items she was most impressed with.  She was hooked on train travel from then on.

Date: 08/17/18 21:22
Author: ATSFSuperChief

Totally excellently prepared and served meals by a very good staff when my wonderful wife Chris and I rode it from Denver to Salt Lake and back. Trip westward was in a snowstorm from Rollinsvile to Salt Lake, return trip in bright winter sun. Absolutely fantastic trip and we rode the D&RGW Ski Train a few times later, one winter and one summer. Great mountain scenery and lots of tunnels.

SuperChiefDon

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0304 seconds