Home Open Account Help 338 users online

Nostalgia & History > Railroad Paper from Nebraska. 1886 and 1908

Date: 01/01/19 19:21
Railroad Paper from Nebraska. 1886 and 1908
Author: zoohogger

I found these in an antique dresser that I purchased years ago in Logan, Iowa. I did not mention these items to the clerk as I loaded the dresser.
I can't imagine no one else had ever looked in the top drawer, but who knows.  Maybe it was my bonus for not haggling on the price.

A Union Pacific passenger ticket from December 19, 1908  between Columbus and Benton, Nebraska.
As the note written on the ticket states, Benton is now Richland, NE.  Wikipedia also confirms this. I wish whomever did not write on the ticket, but too late now.

Train Baggage waybill from the Fremont, Elkhorn & Missouri Valley and Sioux City and Pacific Railroads.   December 5th, 1886.  I don't have an old timetable so I am not sure what train 3 would be in 1886.

Rick Z

Date: 01/01/19 19:23
Re: Railroad Paper from Nebraska. 1886 and 1908
Author: zoohogger

Then the 2 sides of the Chicago, St. Paul, Minneapolis and Omaha  baggage waybill from March 24, 1910. Blair Nebraska to Omaha.

Rick Z

Date: 01/02/19 03:04
Author: KimHeusel

Wow, what a great find!! Hard to read some of the writing on the baggage waybills, but it looks like destinations include Bancroft, Emerson, and Wakefield. Thanks for sharing your discovery.

Kim Heusel

Date: 01/02/19 05:44
Author: mamfahr

> Train Baggage waybill from the Fremont, Elkhorn &
> Missouri Valley and Sioux City and Pacific
> Railroads.   December 5th, 1886.  I don't have
> an old timetable so I am not sure what train 3
> would be in 1886.

Hello Rick,

Better than finding an old pair of socks!

Around that time Train 3 was "The Limited", the premium passenger train service on UP's Overland Route.  It ran west from Omaha in the afternoon.  

Take care,

Mark

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0511 seconds