Home Open Account Help 385 users online

Nostalgia & History > More Rock Island at Fairfield Iowa

Date: 02/10/19 06:24
More Rock Island at Fairfield Iowa
Author: MILW86A

I posted here on Jan 25th of a WB Rock Island Train at Fairfield Iowa from the tower that protected the Burlington Mainline. Now here for you, are more of the Rock from Fairfield taken in the 1950s. 

EB going past the 1947 depot. Depot is still there today. The train and the track are not. 

EB about to cross the Burlington Main Line. Today thats the BNSF Ottumwa Sub. 

Hope you enjoy looking. 

MILW86A 

Date: 02/10/19 08:40
Re: More Rock Island at Fairfield Iowa
Author: KingCoal

According to this Google Earth view from 2016, there may still be cars trapped on part of the line.

Date: 02/10/19 08:52
Author: RNinRVR

A very recent image, 2019, still shows the cars there and most of them seem to be passenger cars.

Sharon Evans
Glen Allen, VA

Date: 02/10/19 09:47
Author: MILW86A

There was a car dealer at one time who did have rail equipment for sale but I think has gone out of business.

Posted from Android

Date: 02/10/19 12:31
Author: wpjones

Anderson Steel Flange is one of the Bussiness names he goes by. Most of the passenger cars are Milwaukee from the Purple Martin train. Any pending sales have fallen thru due to not moveable by rail.
The two Mopac Cabooses at the south end(not in your image) are now moved north and a Solar Panel farm is where they were .
I was there last Labor Day on the way home from Mount Pleasant Ia.
I bought two Fairmont T9 push carts from Dave 2 or 3 years ago which was the last Fairmont stuff he had except for two large "A" cars. I think one of the old UP detector cars is still there also.
Steve

MILW86A Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> There was a car dealer at one time who did have
> rail equipment for sale but I think has gone out
> of business.
>
> Posted from Android

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0444 seconds