Home Open Account Help 364 users online

Nostalgia & History > BNSF Question

Date: 04/08/20 08:48
BNSF Question
Author: ntharalson

I've been watching the Pentrex video, "Ultimate Tehacapi" which was shot in the early 2000's and spotted an oddity.  SD40-2 8070, I believe that number is correct,
still in BN green was in a consist.  The nose, however, had the BN markings painted out and a "wagon wheel" BNSF herald applied.  Has anyone got a shot of 
this engine in that era uncoupled??  I believe this is the only unit that got this, although the BN units that got BNSF lettering on the long hood, 8070 didn't, might
have gotten it.  TIA for a reply.  

Nick Tharalson,
Marion, IA

Date: 04/08/20 09:38
Re: BNSF Question
Author: Curt

Not my shot:

Date: 04/08/20 19:03
Author: wko

Here it is on July 13, 2003 at Belmont on Crawford Hill prior to receiving some new paint patches and the BNSF nose logo.  Don't have any details of what happened or when it received the changes but thought I'd share what the unit looked like prior to the treatment.  Unfortunately I never photographed 8070 after the changes.  There are a fair number of 8070 shots online if you want other views post-logo. As you mentioned, I believe this was the only unit to receive the HI logo without being repainted. 
Kirk

Date: 04/08/20 19:21
Author: 3rdswitch

Definately an oddity, for me anyway as I have never seen a shot of this unit.
JB

Date: 04/09/20 08:00
Author: texchief1

Believe you got one of a kind!

Randy Lundgren
Elgin, TX

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.1178 seconds