Home Open Account Help 308 users online

Nostalgia & History > More Cowl in SoCal

Date: 06/30/20 19:04
More Cowl in SoCal
Author: dwatry

Two photos from December 1974 in Oceanside CA, at the old AT&SF station, before the current intermodal was built. 

1)  Northbound San Diegan at Oceanside, with the crowds surging to board - even then.  Guy in foreground in the yellow windbreaker andf brown pants is my dad.  I am 13 years older now than he was then.  The mind cannot comprehend that kind of equation!  
2)  Same San Diegan, with the Santa Fe's Escondido local returning from Escondido sneaking up on the closer track. 

Date: 06/30/20 20:01
Re: More Cowl in SoCal
Author: Super-C

Great photos !  I was born in Escondido   raised in Vista  . and lived in Oceanside for many years . spent many hours setting on the dock at the Depot at Oceanside and also spent a lot of hours in the old passenger car that was the model rail road club. and took a few photos at the depoit . my best friends dad was station manger at the vista depot. my friend and his parents lived in a railroad owned house just east of the vista depot . great shots!!!!! thanks 

Date: 06/30/20 20:18
Author: FiveChime

Nice Duncan.

Regards, Jim Evans

Date: 07/01/20 03:42
Author: RodneyZona

Great photos!  Old Santa Fe railway LA based passenger train and engine crews worked to and from San Diego, CA.

Date: 07/01/20 06:00
Author: SPDRGWfan

Bonus MRS box car to the left!

Date: 07/01/20 09:38
Author: snodogs

So whatever happened to the HO scale club and the passenger car where it resided opposite of the depot?

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0366 seconds