Home Open Account Help 239 users online

Nostalgia & History > CarrTracks gone?

Date: 03/07/21 10:44
CarrTracks gone?
Author: rails_etc

Looks like carrtracks.com has been taken over by a foreign gambling site. This happens when trying to link to different pages from Google as well, such as if I try to go directly to the SP Unit Train symbols page.

Not sure if the page was hijacked or intentionally shut down (maybe moving?), but for now it looks like we'll have to get to it through the Internet Archive (web.archive.org).

EDIT: I just tried the Archive, and it says "this page has been excluded."

-Rails Etc-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/07/21 10:47 by rails_etc.

Date: 03/07/21 10:59
Re: CarrTracks gone?
Author: Evan_Werkema

John Carr mentioned he was going to shut the site down at the end of 2020 in this old thread: https://www.trainorders.com/discussion/read.php?11,5057222

Date: 03/07/21 11:20
Author: rails_etc

Drat, I wish I had seen that... I would have grabbed all the train symbol information.

Posted from Android

Date: 03/07/21 11:51
Author: WAF

Some of that SP symbol stuff was not right for the time period

Date: 03/08/21 09:27
Author: jrose21

The movingthefreight website has quite a bit of Southern Pacific material including freight schedules from 1966, 1972, and 1987.   It also has a conversion list from the old to new symbols from 1974.  There are also freight schedules for 1989, 1992, and 1995 out on the Espee groups.io mailing list.   Between these two sources someone can get most of the information that was on CarrTracks.

I'll miss CarrTracks as a one-stop source for information, but I'm glad other resources are out there to help fill the void.

Moving the Freight Southern Pacific section

JR

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/08/21 12:15 by jrose21.

Date: 03/08/21 10:49
Author: callum_out

I notice that the symbols list is missing our favorite, the WCLAD.

Out 

Date: 03/08/21 11:15
Author: SPDRGWfan

Evan_Werkema Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> John Carr mentioned he was going to shut the site
> down at the end of 2020 in this old thread:
> https://www.trainorders.com/discussion/read.php?11
> ,5057222

I did see that last July, and then forgot about it.  I wanted to order some photo CD's but he never responded in that topic.  I don't know if he is active on TO or it was just a one time post.

Cheers,
Jim

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0438 seconds