Home Open Account Help 378 users online

Nostalgia & History > Santa Fe Industries

Date: 03/07/21 13:51
Santa Fe Industries
Author: Santafepacific

Hello, 
I am new this forum and am looking for help or history of Santa Fe Industries? I do have references on the Santa Fe Magazines and annuals, but I am looking for more information about each subsidary in general. 
Any feedback, general knowledge or even a referral to a employee or employees who worked with the company from 1968-1983 (NOT SPSF). Also referrals to the pipeline, oil company, land development etc.
Thank You,
Santafepacific

Tanner Cline
San Bernardino, CA

Date: 03/08/21 06:23
Re: Santa Fe Industries
Author: GCL13

Suggest you purchase History of Atchinson, Topeka and Santa Fe Railway by Bryant and Frailey. You can find it on Amazon.  It is a good read and covers the company from inception to merger with BN. Also goes into detail of Santa Fe Industries. 

Date: 03/08/21 07:05
Author: WichitaJct

If you go to EBay and look under the category "railroad paper" you will find many annual reports.

Date: 03/08/21 07:51
Author: Lackawanna484

The Santa Fe owned extensive amounts of non-railroad property which was developed by its real estate arm as warehouses, retail, residential, etc. At the time of the proposed merger, Santa Fe and Southern Pacific created a company called Catellus Industries. Parts of that company later became a part of private equity firm TPG..

The annual reports give a lot of detail n how much the railroad valued the non-rail land and energy resources.

http://www.catellus.com/about/index

Date: 03/08/21 08:43
Author: ntharalson

Lackawanna484 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The Santa Fe owned extensive amounts of
> non-railroad property which was developed by its
> real estate arm as warehouses, retail,
> residential, etc. At the time of the proposed
> merger, Santa Fe and Southern Pacific created a
> company called Catellus Industries. Parts of that
> company later became a part of private equity firm
> TPG..
>
> The annual reports give a lot of detail n how much
> the railroad valued the non-rail land and energy
> resources.
>
> http://www.catellus.com/about/index

I believe Catellus was spun off the Santa Fe Pacific after the merger failed.  It was the real estate arm of Santa Fe/Southern Pacific.  

Nick Tharalson,
Marion, IA

Date: 03/08/21 10:03
Author: JimBaker

Catellus owned Los Angele Union Passenger Terminal during this time.

James R.(Jim) Baker
Whittier, CA

Date: 03/23/21 20:04

I do have Keiths older book he wrote, it has some interesting reads, but each subsidary is missing some details and not much else. I know he has a newer version with Fred Frailey. I thank you for taking the time to get back to me.
Much Regards.

Tanner Cline
San Bernardino, CA

Date: 03/23/21 20:07

I know some of Catellus any on SFE since I know its part of Devon now?

Tanner Cline
San Bernardino, CA

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0562 seconds